• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegus having tummy troubles, could I get an opinion?

Blake Reuter

I have a year and a half old red tegu who for the past week and a half has only been urinating it seems. He’s fed ground turkey and salmon from tongs as he has poor eyesight and can’t catch live prey or insects on his own, he’s also one picky dude. He’s been urinating anywhere from 3-5 times a day and he seems to be in pain every time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mikeiam

I would try feeding him frozen feeder mice along with the ground turkey . He needs that in his diet , also make sure ur putting calcium powder on his other food . And as always u can give him a warm bath and let him soak it helps them poop. There could be a couple reason he’s not pooping well, but if your only feeding turkey and fish with no calcium I’d say he prolly just needs calcium added to his diet . Also check ur basking area is hot enough for him

Blake Reuter

I’ve been doing all the above, I’ll be taking him to a vet tmr because nothing seems to be working. I’ve been giving him 30 minute soaks, rubbing his belly during soaks, making sure the temps in his tank is optional and I’ve been giving him calcium supplements prescribed by my vet. Only change is now he refuses to eat but is still drinking lots of water, hoping for the best. Thank you for your help though, it’s much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced