• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

temperature help please

Mylesamanda

No it is not something she can die from right now. How old is she, how long have you had her, did anything else in your enclosure change as of recently? What kind of bedding do you use and what are your temps like? I dont know much about the zilla UVB lights, I personally use the zoo med powersun bulbs because I know they give off good UVB and heat (best of both worlds). They are really expensive in pet stores but I usually find them on ebay for around $25. The more info about the setup the better.
Can u tell me what kind I can’t seem to keep temperatures past 107 last night it got up to 120 but my tegu been shaking too I thought she was constipated

Mylesamanda

It sounds like you are feeding appropriately. No matter how much calcium is in the diet, if the tegu is not getting enough UVB to activate vitamin D it can not utilize the dietary calcium. The body will keep trying to increase its blood calcium by mobilizing its body calcium stores from its bones. Once the blood calcium levels and stores are depleted the state of hypocalcemia will cause the tremors we see with MBD. Humidity and hydration are both very important, but I dont think they have anything to do with the tremors your seeing.

How often do the tremors occur? Is it only at certain times? Do you think it could be due to stress or being scared?
My tegu Fiona just started doing it yesterday I tried soaking her and in warm water she did it again like she was trying to go to bathroom but I’m not sure I’ve been using bulbs n uvb the breeder said and idk if lights aren’t that close bc she is in a bigger enclosure so idk how to maybe put her hide up closer to lights

Stellalife1

This is the first day that my tegu started shaking. Yesterday she was fine when she was out. I have her on reptical without d3 and chicken liver so i know she is getting her vitamins. There is also a uv bulb over 3/4 of her tank. (It is the side she isn't usually on since she basks under the heat.) Also i noticed she defecated in her hide which is something she has never done.

Can I get bone aid or something similar at a pet store?
IMO
Is it possible that her uv bulb isn't high enough quality?

The tremors are in her head and feet.

My tegu Fiona just started doing it yesterday I tried soaking her and in warm water she did it again like she was trying to go to bathroom but I’m not sure I’ve been using bulbs n uvb the breeder said and idk if lights aren’t that close bc she is in a bigger enclosure so idk how to maybe put her hide up closer to lights
If she is in her hide, uva/uvb aren't going to help! They need calcium withevery feeding and vit d every other feeding! Lights need to be less than 20 inches to get beneficial vit D. Sounds like mbd! You should seek a vet before it's to late

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi