• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

thanks friends

RobK.

I am sick of the constant backstabbing By'' you know who'' when he disagrees :huh: his post end up being so argumentative . I will be over UK forum so please say hi if your there .

you guys take care .

RobK.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wish the moderators would see what is and has been going on with this individual and take care of the situation. I understand the frustration Rob.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This moderator has seen and has posted. We are all adults and have to make our decisions about where we feel comfortable. I like having Rob here as a member and many other people. We don't like everybody...so if someone rattles your chain, don't respond to his/her posts or get off the computer for a while. Personally, I have seen far more inflammatory posts in the past and no one seemed to mind those. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just trying to remain objective.

I vote you stay, Rob :)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Woke up and saw this. Rob, please do reconsider! There aren't many of us Cyclura keepers on here and you're word is regarded highly in my opinion. I enjoy your posts, and the things I learn from you. Don't let one member get to you man!

Dana C

I, for one, almost never get into who's right and who's wrong discussions for what seems like obvious reasons. The more heated a discussion becomes, the more I ignore it. Of course all forums are started to share thoughts, ideas and knowledge and as such, will attract people who have a compulsion to belittle, run down or otherwise make posters feel uninformed, wrong, stupid etc. It is "the nature of the beast".
As much as I don't like what is being said I do understand a little about human nature and the need to defend a position, thus prolonging what 98% of the time becomes a pointless argument.
While I am guilty of getting a little excited once in a very great while, I usually only contribute to a thread or start a thread when I have something to contribute, which is hopefully what I am doing as we speak. I try in earnest to be factual and 98% of the time can provide my sources and have done so in the past. Other web sites, published papers, field observation reports, verified and respected herpitologists and what I have read from very successful breeders of a specific species are my sources of information. I almost never repeat what I read in forum threads on this site or any other for that matter.
Having said that, I do recognize that there are some gems of knowledge to be found here and will copy and paste them into a Word document for further review and may quote them, giving credit to the author on occasion.

I personally don't follow care sheets if you must know. I experiment with heat and humidity until I arrive at a combination that works for me and my tegus or monitor. I feed a variety of things, again experimenting until I find several food sources that they will eat and thrive on. I use and have used various different bedding and substrate materials. As a result, I have been told that my lizards are going to die, get sick or whatever. I have been told that I should have done more research, when I in fact have read every word in print on Tegus and V. albigularis.
do I admit it when I am wrong? Any of you that have read all my posts, have seen me say as much.

Do I care what most people think, no. Do I care what a very few, very knowledgeable, people think? Of course I do. I am older than most of you and not giving a rip comes with age. I do things the way I do because they work. They may not work for you however.

The loss of Rob from this forum is your loss more than it is his. Knowledgeable, approachable, erudite and helpful people are a rare commodity. It is sad that we lost another one.

TeguLouie

Dana C said:
I, for one, almost never get into who's right and who's wrong discussions for what seems like obvious reasons. The more heated a discussion becomes, the more I ignore it. Of course all forums are started to share thoughts, ideas and knowledge and as such, will attract people who have a compulsion to belittle, run down or otherwise make posters feel uninformed, wrong, stupid etc. It is "the nature of the beast".
As much as I don't like what is being said I do understand a little about human nature and the need to defend a position, thus prolonging what 98% of the time becomes a pointless argument.
While I am guilty of getting a little excited once in a very great while, I usually only contribute to a thread or start a thread when I have something to contribute, which is hopefully what I am doing as we speak. I try in earnest to be factual and 98% of the time can provide my sources and have done so in the past. Other web sites, published papers, field observation reports, verified and respected herpitologists and what I have read from very successful breeders of a specific species are my sources of information. I almost never repeat what I read in forum threads on this site or any other for that matter.
Having said that, I do recognize that there are some gems of knowledge to be found here and will copy and paste them into a Word document for further review and may quote them, giving credit to the author on occasion.

I personally don't follow care sheets if you must know. I experiment with heat and humidity until I arrive at a combination that works for me and my tegus or monitor. I feed a variety of things, again experimenting until I find several food sources that they will eat and thrive on. I use and have used various different bedding and substrate materials. As a result, I have been told that my lizards are going to die, get sick or whatever. I have been told that I should have done more research, when I in fact have read every word in print on Tegus and V. albigularis.
do I admit it when I am wrong? Any of you that have read all my posts, have seen me say as much.

Do I care what most people think, no. Do I care what a very few, very knowledgeable, people think? Of course I do. I am older than most of you and not giving a rip comes with age. I do things the way I do because they work. They may not work for you however.

The loss of Rob from this forum is your loss more than it is his. Knowledgeable, approachable, erudite and helpful people are a rare commodity. It is sad that we lost another one.

well said and i agree completely

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced