• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The baby of the family, Ryu!

Dragon_girl

5 Year Member
Info (to the best of my knowledge)
Name:Ryu
Lenth: 18inches
Weight: 326grams

why do all my pets like the keyboard (my bird does too)
PICT0255.jpg

his butts hanging off haha
PICT0045.jpg

nice hat
PICT0252.jpg

PICT0178.jpg

PICT0058.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They all look great, but third one, is it half Argentine black n white?

It has a green head, lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dorton

5 Year Member
Nice,seem alot on here have bearides.
I may have to get a couple and see what its all about.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice pics! I like his hat. :lol:

Yeah, a lot of people have beardies. They're fun to keep, but not as interactive as a tegu or monitor.

Dragon_girl

5 Year Member
thanks, yea there not always interactive. ryu rather explore then sit and let me pet him or hang out with me.

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Fantastic pictures! I love that last one. Ryu has a gorgeous face!

Not as interactive? I must be missing out on something here. Some of our guys know their names, and will come when called. Several of them LOVE sleeping with us at night, and all of them like to be held and cuddled. We've even got a few who will "ask" to come out and be held. Tegus and monitors are more interactive than that? Please don't laugh. I've only ever had beardies, so I honestly have no idea.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tere I agree I have seen tame beardies, they will even follow you around. :wink:

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ObsessionDragons said:
Fantastic pictures! I love that last one. Ryu has a gorgeous face!

Not as interactive? I must be missing out on something here. Some of our guys know their names, and will come when called. Several of them LOVE sleeping with us at night, and all of them like to be held and cuddled. We've even got a few who will "ask" to come out and be held. Tegus and monitors are more interactive than that? Please don't laugh. I've only ever had beardies, so I honestly have no idea.

IMO\IME yes, tegus and monitors are more interactive. I once was letting one of my tegus free roam on the porch. It is fairly high up, 15 feet or so. Well, I was being a moron, so I left him be for 15 minutes. When I came back, he was gone. I searched for 20 minutes, I could not find him. I was losing hope, so I went up to my garage (The other side of the house). I have a door next to the garage that is filled with reptile cages. I went in, and there he was, basking in his cage. (His cage had a sort of "doggie door" that he could go through whenever he wanted.) I was really amazed, he climbed down onto a tree, then walked all the way around, up the concrete steps, back to his cage.

Another thing is, that monitors and tegus never forget an escape route once they find it. Once they realized they could climb the shingles, they were out of there. I have a routine in the summer where I let them out after snapping a pair of tongs together. They remember it very well. They sometimes follow me while I walk in the field, but their curious nature usually gets the better of them. :wink: These are just a few examples I've had.

Have any experiences you'd like to share with BDs being interactive? I'd love to hear them. :)

I'm not disagreeing with you, I have just found that monitors and tegus pick up things faster than beardies.

Of course I still love beardies, but the only thing I've accomplished interactivity wise is their association of food with a pair of tongs.

Don't worry, I'm not laughing. :wink: :p

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
Wow. I knew they were smart, but I had no idea. I love my beardies too, but you're exactly right. Their associations usually begin and end with food! :D

Thanks for not laughing.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ObsessionDragons said:
Wow. I knew they were smart, but I had no idea. I love my beardies too, but you're exactly right. Their associations usually begin and end with food! :D

Thanks for not laughing.

Thanks! You're quite welcome. :wink: :)

Dragon_girl

5 Year Member
I dident mean to sound like i was complaining. Its just ryu rather run around then sit on my bed and watch a movie with me. When you put him on the floor he is gone like that. :D He will beg to be let out some times i can hear the thud thud sound so i let him run around. but some times its hard to find him becuse he kinda blends in with my carpet. Today he pooed on the carpet when i let him out, im like next time you poo on the floor do it in the kitchen..
-Mel

p.s. here is a baby pix
Ryu5.JPG

Ryu2.JPG

ObsessionDragons

5 Year Member
What a cutie he was...and still is, of course! You know, he's still pretty young and FULL of hormones. He's probably just worried about finding out if there are any women there for him!

I bet in a few months, he'll start to calm down so he'll snuggle. If you have a hard time getting him to do that, try taking him out right before bedtime, and let him fall asleep with you. Little by little, he'll get used to it...and then, he'll actually start to like it!

Dragon_girl

5 Year Member
i will try that not sure if it will work he seems pretty active... there is no women for him and wont be like ever... i dont got money to breed dragons.... id end up with 100

olympus

5 Year Member
You have some nice beardies. I had one but when I was exposed to the wonderful world of tegus I was hooked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced