• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The right amount of handling?

CallMeCal

Hello everyone.

I have a Golden Tegu named Argo who is less than a year old and I could use some handling tips. I've gotten some conflicting information and I want to make sure I'm doing things right. I've been told they need to be handled every day so they get used to you. I don't unbury him but when he's out I'll take him out of his enclosure. I'll keep him out for a while and let him hang out in my shoulder or he will climb up in my head by himself and look around. If he gets on the floor he runs under the couch and usually I'll go after him (which is quite an ordeal). But today when he jumped off my shoulder and ran under the couch I let him go. I can see his head as he watches me from his hiding place and I know he's safe, but I still worry.

Should I be handling him less? More? Should I let him explore while I watch or would it be best but to let him down while he's still smallish? I'm new to tegus and I want the absolute best for him.

Attachments

• PXL_20221213_031543434~3.jpg
    PXL_20221213_031543434~3.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced