• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thinking of buying a tegu need advice please!!

ballfreak

Hi, I have thinking about buying a argentine tegu I think there amazing animals. I have been doing my homework and have been uncertain if I can meet the tegus requirements. First I was thinking is a 6x3 vision cage big enough to house either an chocan tegu or a regular argentine tegu. I'm sure its big enough for a argentine but I'm not sure if it is for a chocan? The only reason why I'm thinking chocan is because there's currently one available and that's the only ones out there I know? I'm not sure if he needs to be feed everyday he's about 24" long. I do not think I can take him out everyday not sure if that's a big deal or not? Going throw posts I hear different stories mostly great stories but than you hear they can bite your fingers off in an instant that makes me a little nervous. I am aware dogs can do the same but just need some re assurance I guess? I really would love to get one just want to be positive before I do? Thanks for any advice.[/size][/font]

NemyNem

I have a 21" long blk/white argentine that i absolutely adore! If he is already tame than not everyday handling should be ok. I feed mine everyday unless he is looking uber fat then i skip a day. Mine hasnt ever tried to bite me but i also dont feed by hand.. They are very rewarding after having mine since september he is starting to crave my attention lol i can sit him on the bed and lay on the other side and he will come over to lay with me. :)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have 6 and have only been bitten twice in the past few years. Definitely didn't take a finger off. They can have a vicious bite, but it is all in handling, etc.

I have an adult in a 6x3 vision, but she is very small and missing a large portion of her tail. My regular size Argentines live in 8ft enclosures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602