• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This has been the longest four months.

ccole93

My Argentine is STILL hibernating! :mad: He went down literally on the first day of November and has never come up on his own. I dig him out once a month to make sure everything is running smoothly and give him a bit of water. His tail is really fat and he doesn't look sick. I'm getting so impatient, lol. What temps should I start out at to wake him up? Will raising humidity help? Jeez, I was hoping the little bugger would've woken up by now.

Steven.

I feel you.. My guy is still down as well.. He's been down since November. I miss him. What makes it worst is that his cage is rite infront of my bed... Every morning i wake up to an empty enclosure.. He doesn't even get up to see if the world ended lol.. I hope he gets up soon

sent from my phone to your eyes

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I got niles sept 11, 2012 ... went down in oct... he's still asleep. :( it is very hard to wait. Indeed

ccole93

It's kinda depressing seeing the empty cage. Oh well, when it heats up he'll be running around like crazy in the sunshine.

Steven.

Yep.. Sunshine is no issue here in Florida... Most of the time i don't even run the powersun.. I just bring him outside for the day..lol. Gotta love our 100 degree days

sent from my phone to your eyes

Diablo

5 Year Member
Right there with you man. Empty cage by my bed, I've had the lights running for about a month now. A waste I guess but oh well he should be up soon. I woke him up two days ago to see if he would stay up and of course he didn't. Still waiting patiently...I miss the little guy. I want to start the taming process asap

ccole93

So will he just wake up according to his internal clock or does his cage have something to do with it? I've been leaving the lights on like Diablo and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Should I just turn them off and wait?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine is still hibernating, too. :( Lights are on, he's by the sliding glass door. I even pick him up a few times to check on him....nothing but zzzzzzz.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Omg yes i do the same. :/ niles just tolerates me snuggling him then buries himself again. And laura, you are in fla so warm and light really does make no difference. Internal clocks better get ringing!!! Grrrr....

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Well about an hour maybe ago niles was up 'basking ' under the red night heat light. Omg. He doesn't come out all day but digs himself out at like 9pm??? Haha. Well i petted him and tried a waxworm but he just went back under his hide again. :/

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I came home yesterday afternoon and Kolby was up basking and looks to be shedding. Thank goodness because his little front legs are really stiff. Then he saw me and buried, lol.

ccole93

Bleh, I'm gonna do everything in my power to stop his hibernation this coming fall. On the bright side it slowed down his growth so I could work on building a cage.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=6667][attachment=6668]Omg laura!!! Me too! Second NIGHT for niles! He's up now... 7pm / 7:30pm now... he dug himself out and just wants to bask with dirt on his back. Haha. Won't touch food or water. Just sleeps under the heat. Last time it was under the night bulb. This time it's the floods because I try to go by the 'natural ' daylight... omg now he's walking around! Yaaaay!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363822454671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363822454671.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363822482791.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363822482791.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 43

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ok... so he went back to bed... now he's up again at 9:21pm! Basking under his nightlight... weirdo. He likes the "moonlight " or... ?

ccole93

Oh man, congrats guys! That's great that they're waking up. :D I'm working on cranking up the heat for my guy.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
So last night I was talking to dubya and he saved me yet again... ( before when my spider wouldn't eat he gave me advice that worked). Niles had been refusing anything I gave him so I was worrying that since he started 'waking up ' he was going to deplete his reserves ... well dubya suggested 'kick-starting ' his appetite with just simple egg yolk. BAM! He loved it!!! I'm soooo happy that he finally ate! Maybe now he'll 'really ' start waking up! By the way, although we still have snow, the day before yesterday was 'technically ' the first day of spring. That is when niles started waking up. How friggin weird is that??? Something to think about... :)

BatGirl1 said:
So last night I was talking to dubya and he saved me yet again... ( before when my spider wouldn't eat he gave me advice that worked). Niles had been refusing anything I gave him so I was worrying that since he started 'waking up ' he was going to deplete his reserves ... well dubya suggested 'kick-starting ' his appetite with just simple egg yolk. BAM! He loved it!!! I'm soooo happy that he finally ate! Maybe now he'll 'really ' start waking up! By the way, although we still have snow, the day before yesterday was 'technically ' the first day of spring. That is when niles started waking up. How friggin weird is that??? Something to think about... :)

was it raw egg yolk?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam