• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thoughts?

Django

Django's been pretty easy to take care of he's not afraid of me nor huffs and bites or tail whips and is pretty chill overall I don't know if he likes getting touched and petted scratched and etc but I usually start from the head and he somewhat moves forward to where I'm just scratching his back and doesn't move afterwards is this ok behavior?

Also I think he's starting to trust me a bit more, he's coming out earlier and sleeping outside his hide when I'm around which I thought was a notable sign, the only problem I have is lifting him, he's fine with the initial lift but as i lift him all the way up he wants to go down, but once we get to chest height he's perfectly fine after that any way I can work on him getting comfortable for lifting?

Teguixin.22

How long have you had him? They take a while to get used to people. My female still huffs when im in her enclosure but she doesn't run away any more. Sounds like you're making progress with him. I'd just keep doing what you're doing for a little longer before you try lifting him

Django

How long have you had him? They take a while to get used to people. My female still huffs when im in her enclosure but she doesn't run away any more. Sounds like you're making progress with him. I'd just keep doing what you're doing for a little longer before you try lifting him
Surprisingly I only had him for about 5 days or so I think, he probably has a calm disposition? I've only seen him show a more flighty behavior mostly flinching when other people enter and get near him, I'm planning on sitting in the bathtub with him after he poops

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just be patient, trust comes with time and be prepared to take a few steps back from time to time if he's anything like Alpha was

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980