• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Timor Monitor Enclosure 5ft x 2.5ft x 5ft

keyyon

Hi guys, much love from Long Beach, CA! So here's the deal, I need some feedback on my tank that I am working on for a Timor Monitor pair I plan on getting in the next 6-8 weeks! I have a 5ft x 2.5ft x 5ft enclosure (woulda made it wider but my doorframe is only so big) being made right now! I plan on doing an expandable foam BACKGROUND (great stuff) with net pots for bromeliads and other plants covered in a tree fern/cocoa fiber mix. There will be lots of branches from side to side inside the tank for climbing space which I will be collecting from the Woods (I'm aware of which species to stay away from) behind my house and treating it with Proventamite. The tank is on wheels for easy transport and to minimize some of the weight I will be using Hydroton as the drainage layer. My SUBSTRATE is already "marinating" right now, I have 10 bromeliad pups waiting in 1 of the 2 tubs of soil that I have made. The recipe I chose to follow for the substrate was the Chunky Forest mix off ofreptilesmagazine.com. I have a good mix of about 18 different foliage, vine, and tropical PLANTS a custom mix I ordered to resemble what Josh's Frogs sell but with more colorful plants. LIGHTING is where I have the question because the tank is long and tall I wanted to know if a D3 6% UVB T5 Bulb in either corner of the tank for an "X' effect to cover the whole tank was too much? Will I be fine with just 1 of those UVBs? Also, I plan on doing 3 light fixtures across the top of the tank, the 2 outsides being nightlight (one switch) and the middle being the basking bulb (a different switch). Will the UVB bulb(s) be enough for the plants or should I get a bulb/fixture for them? I will be making my own fogger using a cool-mist humidifier and some tubing wayyyyy cheaper if you buy a used one and they last longer, and hold much more water(1gal)! I haven't decided what I want to put in the tank as far as a water feature is concerned, whether it may be a tub or a little pond, I haven't decided yet but whatever it'll be I am getting a canister filter for it so the water stays clean! Let me know what you guys think about it, the advice is more than welcome I am all open ears!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi