• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Titans enclosure/room

Smoke 508

ok all first post but my 8 year old tegu has a 7x10 room of his own i was thinking of putting some kind of pond for him also my question is is it beneficial to him to have a pond he is about 5.5 feet long
20200902_071935.jpg

Dylan koch

Wow a 5 and half foot tegu? What kind I have never seen or heard of one that big! And it is super beneficial for them to have a pond or a large body of water to soak in and swim! I plan on making one for my 4 regus in their own enclosures eventually! But they absolutely love to swim it's great exercise, helps with shedding and ect! Mine love swimming! When I fill up a kiddy pool for them theh love it or when I'm watering my fruit trees they will just swim in the man made ditch that fills up with water and absolutely love it! My female 100% het pure blue alot of time will sleep in her big water bowl with head on side! And loves swimming specially fully under water

Dylan koch

Just make sure it has a drain! Because it's a pain otherwise having to use like a pool pump or ect! Because tegus get their little pond areas filthy! I'm starting to think my male 100% het blue ice tegu does it on purpose just to get more attention and interaction! Because he knows I'll clean it out and pet him and usually take him outside while I do it! I have a 12 acre property but my back yard has cinderblock wall and they get yard Time usually twice a day once in morning or afternoon and night! But recently my reds have had shed issues even though humidity and diet are perfect and I tried even with blues for better skin health doing a baby oil or coconut oil mixed I with a warm bath for soak and man did it work wonders! I even rubbed them down with it first and had some in the bath and the next day shedding fine and scales feel better than they ever have!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980