• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

TWO Blues on Fauna

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288624

Probable female, overpriced seeing that it has regenerated tail, id buy it if the price were right and sex was guaranteed.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288627

Male, nice looking.

I sent a PM to the seller requesting more pics of the female and measurements.

(Don't PM me about these tegus, I am not the seller, I am merely spreading the post onto Tegu Talk).

boyd1955

Those are black and white tegus ... Just a bit more white than black ... All this blu business really has got out of hand ... Still it gives the south americans more reasons to laugh I suppose :))

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
boyd1955 said:
Those are black and white tegus ... Just a bit more white than black ... All this blu business really has got out of hand ... Still it gives the south americans more reasons to laugh I suppose :))

What makes you think they are not blues?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
boyd1955 said:

I disagree, they are blues. They may not be as blue as other blues that I've seen or as blue as Sobek, but they definitely have the same characteristics. Giants, blues, and b/w's are all Tupinambis merianae but they differ in many ways. You can think what you wish though, we all have our own opinions.

boyd1955

What makes me think they aren't blu's ??? ... Well the fact that they aren't blu ... And i've yet to see a blue tegu ... Some seem to be a bit eggshell blu ... Meaning have a blu tinge ... But frankly I'm sick of hearing about blue tegus cos its nonsense ... Some are black and white ... And some are predominantly white with black ... But I have yet to see a blue tegu ... But wouldn't be at all surprised if some breeder didn't dye some just to make more profit ... Its all become so corrupt ... I've definitely seen people push the blues in videos to make their tegus look more blu ... You can tell from the backrounds
The whole Giants thing is a load of commercial nonsense too ... They are just big B&Ws really ... They may have been bred from a pair with large sized genes but there is no guarantee that those genes will carry on in future generations ... It totally depends on multi generational history
As for the All American nonsense don't even start me off ... Nonsense
All in my humble opinion of course ... Hate to tread on you breeders commercial toes

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I see no point in arguing, you can think what you want, it's all good. Call them what you wish.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
boyd1955 said:
What makes me think they aren't blu's ??? ... Well the fact that they aren't blu ... And i've yet to see a blue tegu ... Some seem to be a bit eggshell blu ... Meaning have a blu tinge ... But frankly I'm sick of hearing about blue tegus cos its nonsense ... Some are black and white ... And some are predominantly white with black ... But I have yet to see a blue tegu ... But wouldn't be at all surprised if some breeder didn't dye some just to make more profit ... Its all become so corrupt ... I've definitely seen people push the blues in videos to make their tegus look more blu ... You can tell from the backrounds
The whole Giants thing is a load of commercial nonsense too ... They are just big B&Ws really ... They may have been bred from a pair with large sized genes but there is no guarantee that those genes will carry on in future generations ... It totally depends on multi generational history
As for the All American nonsense don't even start me off ... Nonsense
All in my humble opinion of course ... Hate to tread on you breeders commercial toes

This dude's hilarious^^^^.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
To boyd, I've seen a few "powder blue" tegus that have more of a true blue tint to them. Theres a member on here (txrepgirl, not active) that had at least one "powder" but it passed. This one was on fauna a while ago.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204248

I do partially agree with you, the blues are still tupinambis merianae for the time being, so are EGTs. Just as the Paraguayan reds are the same species as the Argentinean. If people are willing to spend the extra money to get a "blue" or a "hybrid" it is their choice, there are tons of people who do not buy blues because of the inbreeding and because they are technically the same species for the time being. I don't see anything wrong with you voicing your opinion. Some people do try to do things to earn more money for an animal, tegu breeders aren't the first, they won't be the last.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I find it funny how people say giants and blues are just b/w's but will also state how different they are., people get over it they come in diff. sizes and colors, they are different, whats next you gonna say golds are just low level t.duseni's lol

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
I find it funny how people say giants and blues are just b/w's but will also state how different they are., people get over it they come in diff. sizes and colors, they are different, whats next you gonna say golds are just low level t.duseni's lol

Agreed.
rhetoricx said:
To boyd, I've seen a few "powder blue" tegus that have more of a true blue tint to them. Theres a member on here (txrepgirl, not active) that had at least one "powder" but it passed. This one was on fauna a while ago.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204248

I do partially agree with you, the blues are still tupinambis merianae for the time being, so are EGTs. Just as the Paraguayan reds are the same species as the Argentinean. If people are willing to spend the extra money to get a "blue" or a "hybrid" it is their choice, there are tons of people who do not buy blues because of the inbreeding and because they are technically the same species for the time being. I don't see anything wrong with you voicing your opinion. Some people do try to do things to earn more money for an animal, tegu breeders aren't the first, they won't be the last.

Agreed.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Boyd do you understand that the "blue" name is just that, a name to differentiate it. The All American is the same thing, a name to describe the animal. It is a RED, BLUE, and black and WHITE hybrid, therefore the All American name. It doesn't mean it is from North America. The extreme giant is what Bobby calls his Chochoan tegus, they tend to have higher white coloration and tend to be larger. I am sure there are B&Ws that are just as large.

Do you know there are GREEN tree pythons that aren't green? Does that mean we shouldn't call them green tree pythons? There are morphs of other species of reptile that use color names, but the animals aren't that color.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think this thread should stay on track,.. a pair of Blues up for sale. Boyds opinion about Blues, AAs or Americans in general is nothing new and posts have been deleted because of it.

As for the two that are up for sale, is it just me but why are the males usually nicer looking then the females? Out of the ones I've seen for sale anyway. Never mind, the females pics are both of her I thought they were two different tegus :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think I've seen more attractive males then females... Assuming they're labeled properly lol.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
James i see your point, my thing is blues, giants and b/w*s are all classified as t.marinae because few to none have done the proper research to distinguish the 3 or to prove they are all the same, sure they are all predominately black and white but when you factor in things like size, patterns and head shape they vary greatly, i think of a doberman pinsher and a rottweiller they have the basic same markings but are clearly seperate breeds

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This female is tempting to buy.. The seller said she'd email me pics when she gets home. 600 is a little high for a gu with tail regen though. I paid 500 for Sobek and he's only missing 1 toe and he's got more blue tint than those two. If it's not me who buys that girl, someone should.

boyd1955

Rhetprix ... Have you blown that pic up ... It REALLY looks as if its been photoshopped ... And not very well ... Look at the head especially ... And notice round the legs the yellow which does not fit at all ... How many of you have actually seen a tegu that blu in reality ?
I have some info here somewhere from years back on dwarf tegus ... There is a very blu dwarf that I thought may of miraculously cross bred at one stage to be crating these blu's ... But althought it is not impossible it is highly unlikely this has happened
I'm afraid I stick to my gums and nothing anyone else has said here gives me any reason to question it
I will post the blue dwarf tegu pic tomorrow if I get the chance
But before that lets stick to how many of you have actually seen a really BLUE tegu face to face shall we
And no James ... I don't think it is wrong for there to be a green python ... Just rather stupid

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Fyi dwarf tegus are not tegus and cant breed with tegus

Fyi dwarf tegus are not tegus and cant breed with tegus

HPIZZLE

boyd1955 said:
Rhetprix ... Have you blown that pic up ... It REALLY looks as if its been photoshopped ... And not very well ... Look at the head especially ... And notice round the legs the yellow which does not fit at all ... How many of you have actually seen a tegu that blu in reality ?
I have some info here somewhere from years back on dwarf tegus ... There is a very blu dwarf that I thought may of miraculously cross bred at one stage to be crating these blu's ... But althought it is not impossible it is highly unlikely this has happened
I'm afraid I stick to my gums and nothing anyone else has said here gives me any reason to question it
I will post the blue dwarf tegu pic tomorrow if I get the chance
But before that lets stick to how many of you have actually seen a really BLUE tegu face to face shall we
And no James ... I don't think it is wrong for there to be a green python ... Just rather stupid

is english your second language?
i find it very hard to fully understand any of your posts and im very intrigued as to what your opinions are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi