• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update and new head scars/scuff?

AnimalNerd

Hello all. My foster boy seems to be doing well and occasionally between bouts of guberty rage/horniness he calls a truce for pets. However I'm a bit concerned about some new scratches/ scuffs that have appeared on his head. I think they are from him rubbing/banging his head on his enclosure door to be let out (I can only make it out to spend time with and feed him every other day) or possibly from a crack in his hide that makes a jagged edge right around the entrance(I've ordered a new one and it's on the way). They're still pretty tender because he visibly tenses/flinches when I touch them. The one at the very top of his head is a healing wound we were treating before he fell under my care. And since then he's gotten more marks/discoloration. What do you all think? If its from head banging I can arrange to have him let out on days I'm not there
20210801_141740.jpg
20210730_172940.jpg

One more pic for funsies
20210801_182050.jpg

AnimalNerd

Curious for an update? Have you had someone let him out on days you can't be there?
Not exactly, what's happening instead is I am camping out here in the afternoons/evenings every day and going into town in the mornings for my classes until we can get a new enclosure built that will fit through my apartment door and he can be permanently moved in with me. Trying to keep his cage cool/humid enough from afar is just too difficult and the little guy likes having more roam time (this house has been absolutely boiling during this summer, and due to the smoke from the wildfires windows have had to stay closed even at night). I think he's getting too hot and wanting to get out. The vet who he has a record with confirmed some of the markings are discolorations he's always had and the others are indeed from cage boops.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam