• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update on Killua (Bad vendor experience)

Grizzlyshock14

Hello all just a random post for anyone curious-

I received Killua on the 4th of August. After a couple days of settling in, I noticed major bite marks everywhere. Progressively his mood and behavior got worse. I immediately took him to the vet. The vet did a blood, fecal, and X-ray. My main concern was he started to develop this “limp” At first it was just his front left leg, then he started army crawling on his front joints.

Surprisingly the blood came back with nothing major but elevated white blood cells (cause by infections in bites marks from other baby gu’s i assume?) His X-ray was interesting- He didn’t have a lot of development in his hands but everywhere else was great. He got his fist antibiotic shot that day and continued to receive on every 3 days.

Florida just acted on the tegu law, the breeder i got from does other reptiles, but i’m happy this will most likely be the last season he can legally breed tegus in Florida, because from research Killua wasn’t the only hatchling experiencing this

As for now- Got him (08/04) at 43 grams and as of last night (09/09) he is 16 grams
Holy. ****. Those antibiotics must’ve done wonders because he’s not even the same. So curious, always wants to hang out, eats like a pig. He’s walking all normal and makes me cry a little seeing this little guy thrive. Before and after pics below! Nothing dramatic he’s just adorable.

Attachments

• 161C3340-A073-45BA-BED5-401B2419384D.jpeg
    161C3340-A073-45BA-BED5-401B2419384D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 4F7A4DA5-DAFD-416E-ACA0-DE1D424C6FE2.jpeg
    4F7A4DA5-DAFD-416E-ACA0-DE1D424C6FE2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • C1D8CDB0-6CB9-467B-AD31-D7BA6930B14B.jpeg
    C1D8CDB0-6CB9-467B-AD31-D7BA6930B14B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 4EE677BF-3B3C-44A1-8901-87962C8397DC.jpeg
    4EE677BF-3B3C-44A1-8901-87962C8397DC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

Grizzlyshock14

Fecal was done along with x-rays and blood. Vet only noticed the elevated white blood cells. He’s developing a lot of orange under his chin and belly. I was told he was a Black and white x Blue. I’m starting to come to that conclusion. Still my special boy though

Mich lady

A lot of the Tegus that come from Florida are wild caught. That could explain him being beat up, also a good idea to have him checked for parasites. My Little Buddy was wild caught in Florida and he is a wonderful little dude.
I have a 3 yr old wild caught black and white from rodney Irwin. My gu is wonderful and very healthy. He is a bit overweight though

Sean32817

Trick is that the Florida anti-tegu law is more aimed at folks purchasing them as pets in Florida without destroying the ability to sell them to other states - in other words, he could potentially still sell bad tegus, just not to folks in FL anymore.

Grizzlyshock14

Trick is that the Florida anti-tegu law is more aimed at folks purchasing them as pets in Florida without destroying the ability to sell them to other states - in other words, he could potentially still sell bad tegus, just not to folks in FL anymore.
Sucks. I thought breeding was gonna be thrown out. Just hope people are ready to rehabilitate if necessary.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced