• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

update on my hybrid tegu...the past and present

KSTAR

5 Year Member
this is my 75% blue and 25% red hybrid tegu back when i 1st got her in february
Hybridred-bluetegu2.jpg

Hybridred-bluetegu4.jpg

and this is him/her now
tg3.jpg

uju.jpg

ZEKE

5 Year Member
nice! i really like how its white and black like a blue tegu and it has some red mixed in too.

just curious. how do you know its 75% blue and 25% red?

KSTAR

5 Year Member
thanks for all the cool comments guys...and to ZEKE...well it was weired when i saw 75% blue and 25% red to but here goes...the guy that bred them thought they were both 100% blue but when the babies hatched they had red to them :shock: so he looked into it to soon find out that mom was a hybrid...she was 50% blue and 50% red while the father was 100% blue so that gave the babies the 75% blue and 25% red outcome

GunnasGal

5 Year Member
oh my god is ur tegu fat or are they meant to look like that my tegu looks really skinny compared to urs:eek:

ZEKE

5 Year Member
GunnasGal said:
oh my god is ur tegu fat or are they meant to look like that my tegu looks really skinny compared to urs:eek:

thats what a nice healthy tegu should look like. it sounds like yours is really underweight. if your feeding it enough food regularly and its not gaining weight you might want to take it to a vet and have a fecal done to check for parasites.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
thanks guys for all the great comments :roon and to gunnasgal... all my animals have always ate better than what i do :lol: and i just got her back not so long ago from a friend i re-homed her to and she was slimmer than when i had her so im putting her back on the Kstars fitness plan :-D and shes getting very healthy again and thats the way i like to see my little guys...he/she (since i dont know whats the sex yet) is eating 2 times a day and believe me she eats very well :lol: so if your tegu doesnt look so plump start feeding it more just make sure you are using calcium and cod liver oil when preparing food and by the way what are you feeding him/her and what is the feeding schedule? if you dont mind me asking

GunnasGal

5 Year Member
i have been feeding her but she hasnt been eating i had put a post out to ask for help when i first joined but last night she ate some raspberries:) she eats 1 mouse a week and wont touch anything else i do give her a calcium supplement with her food everyday but the vet said shes fine she just doesnt feel like eating. if she keeps it up i'll refer her to another vet but if she starts eating then ill be happy, why do you put cod liver oil in the food when preparing it? though i havent heard of this one - should i try it then? and how much?

KSTAR

5 Year Member
bobby has a thread up on tons of foods to feed and what are great supplements to use along with feeding on the "Tegu care discussion" part of the forum but as for the cod liver oil you should only put a teaspoon for every pound of ground turkey and mix and this is good due to the cod liver containing alot of vitamin A and D than alot of other foods and its a natural source of D3 so its great for the little guys...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam