• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Vacation Advice

scal23

Hello. Happy to be part of this forum. This is Sia, our 8 month old Pink Panther.

I've read on here that you can leave adult Tegu's alone for a couple days for a short vacation, but my question is what would be best for a 8-9 month old for a week long trip? Would a sitter need to come in and feed her a couple times and change the water? Our vet's office will board her, so is that the best way to go just to be assured she is receiving proper care?

Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20210408_185605.jpg
    20210408_185605.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

LizardStudent

I would not leave her alone, truthfully I would not leave an adult alone for several days either, I'm not sure who advised that but I'm really not a fan of that advice. If your vet's office is familiar with tegus and their care I would take her there - many are not well versed in reptile care and tend to treat them all the same whether they're beardies, tegus, geckos or what not. Otherwise I would find a sitter. I have personally seen people advertise as reptile pet sitters, but I know they are not easy to find and I'm sure they are not cheap. Realistically I would try to ask a good friend or family member to do it, and before leaving have them come over and show them exactly what it is they'll be doing and leave them very thorough instructions

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I have left my "adult" with no problem for 4-5 days after feeding him. I was moving and had no one that I trusted, or that wanted to do the job. He was fine, but glad to see me return. My recommendation would be to stick to that amount of time. I was confident about his enclosure, but that's because I had him for 2 years before I left him. I would do it again. Preferably, you find someone to watch him, or check on him every 2-3 days. I'd give my eye teeth to have a family member check him daily! (Just my opinion)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced