• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varnyard food mixture revision

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Bobby Hill just called to follow up and see how my tegu was doing, which btw, the tegu is doing great. I told him that I was feeding the mixture from his website and he is growing like a weed. Bobby said that he is not using that mixture anymore because the liver has too much vitamin A. He said make the mixture with the turkey and cod liver oil and feed beef liver only once a week. I forgot to ask how much calcium without D3 per pound of food I should use. the dosage on the label goes by weight of the animal. I think dosing in proportion to amount of food would be more accurate. Calcium content in a live animal (bone) is a percentage of its body weight. Any answers out there?

Arxilca

5 Year Member
I don't have an answer, but thanks for sharing that information! Hopefully he will get the recipe on his website updated soon so that others can know as well.

larissalurid

You might find this thread helpful for what Dana uses.
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=11103#axzz23SBeacw3

Dana said "I use 1/4 teaspoon (powdered egg shells) for 5-6 ounces of ground meats. I also grind multivitamins up and mix 1/4 tsp per pound of ground meats."

Laurarfl said "I use 1/2-1 tablespoon calcium per pound of meat, and divide down from there."

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
larissalurid said:
You might find this thread helpful for what Dana uses.
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=11103#axzz23SBeacw3

Dana said "I use 1/4 teaspoon (powdered egg shells) for 5-6 ounces of ground meats. I also grind multivitamins up and mix 1/4 tsp per pound of ground meats."

Laurarfl said "I use 1/2-1 tablespoon calcium per pound of meat, and divide down from there."

Thanks. That gives me a good general idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam