• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Violence

Dontae Iusi

I keep my male amd female together they are only a year old and my female has become violent towards me any idea on what could be happening she actually bit me yesterday and I dont wanna say she pregnant because I dont know if that's even a possibility that young

babieedeer

so at about that age they do go through their “puberty”. i use that term loosely, but it’s basically where all their hormones are at a height and they’re sexually maturing. some days she’ll hate you & some days she’ll love you. you just wait it out!:)

babieedeer

Thank you for letting me know it wasnt a hard bite kinda like leave me alone type deal
Yes! that’s exactly it then. there’s some good threads on here about it, i have a 1.5 year old i recently adopted. it happens to everyone! :) make sure her enclosure is clean, and she’s fed and she’ll grow out of it in the next year or so! males tend to go through it quite a bit longer. so just be prepared! :) best of luck & health to you& them

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Def takes some patience!! Every one of them seems to be different too. My male took forever, my female hasn't figured out she's actually a half a year in to her puberty stage. I keep waiting for her to hate me, but she's pretty chill.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam