• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Want Lizard Similar to tegu or monitor

Ryguy

I have wanted a tegu for a while now and knowing I can’t fit one and make it happy I stopped dreaming, recently I am more and more interested in something similar that can fit in a 4x2x2 enclosure. I looked at lacerta’s but I know I want something more interactive, thanks in advance.

Interceptor

Blue tongue skinks may be your best bet although 4x2x2 is really the minimum recommended size for them. They are quite similar to tegus though and easier to care for. Look into bearded dragons as well, they respond well to training.

Last edited:

Taylorw16

My bearded dragon is the most interactive lizard out there, they love attention although they aren’t huge they get to a good handling size and are relatively easy to care. I’m sure skinks are great to but I doubt they tolerate handling as much or enjoy it as much but I don’t have a skink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602