• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what age should i start feeding my guy every other day?

Chipchip

I have a tegu about 2 years old. He's been kind of not eating as often even though I give him some food every day. But I've also been trying to give him more fresh fruits and veggies. Not the freeze dried stuff you rehydrate. I feel like I spoiled him by not varying his diet enough. It used to be mainly reptilinks, but with freeze dried fruits and veggies. Plus some type of insect out of the zoo med cans. I've also started giving him chicken gizzard and hard boiled chicken or pheasant eggs (peeled). But now, when he does eat, it's mainly just the meat and eggs. I want to give him a balanced diet but I'm not sure how to get him to eat the fruits and veggies. I've tried green beans, green peppers, blueberries, raspberries, and cantaloupe (which he did eat some of that). Any advice on personal experience or knowledge is welcomed

rantology

Reptilinks are great for that, I totally recommend them as they have inherently about 25% veggies if you get the megablend. I also like to very finely cut up kale and dandelion greens onto the top of my guys meals, he doesn't like it but also cant help but eat some every bite since it will stick to all the food, lol (especially if you squirt a little fish oil on top). They generally don't "willingingly" eat veggies afaik.

At 2 years old you should be totally fine switching to every other day. I would say even every 3rd day once you get him used to every other. Don't forget the fruits too! they sell frozen mixed berry and sliced fruit packs at the store for me that are super easy and my dude loves them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980