• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is this blue spot on my Tegu's head

Johnnys Mama

My Johnny has the same blue spot. And is most likely a WC even though the person I got her from said that she was CB. I’m waiting for her to shed to see if it comes off.

Blakkdragon

20200518_121553.jpg

So here's what it looks like now. Appears to have been a bruise and healed up nicely

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
So - maybe we know now what a little Tegu hematoma looks like? Good news - it looks like it's headed toward normal.

My male rubbed his nose on something in the tub a couple weeks ago, and bled right on the front point of his nose. It scabbed over and took about a week for the scab to fall off which revealed a new skip in the black bar that used to be there. It will be interesting to see if he will get that particular bar back - my guess is that he won't. I think it will be more like a scar, which will just look like a disconnected black bar. When the blood subsided but the injury was still healing, his injured scales turned an obvious brown. Now, all of that is gone - with the separation of that one black bar. Healed pretty fast.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So - maybe we know now what a little Tegu hematoma looks like? Good news - it looks like it's headed toward normal.

My male rubbed his nose on something in the tub a couple weeks ago, and bled right on the front point of his nose. It scabbed over and took about a week for the scab to fall off which revealed a new skip in the black bar that used to be there. It will be interesting to see if he will get that particular bar back - my guess is that he won't. I think it will be more like a scar, which will just look like a disconnected black bar. When the blood subsided but the injury was still healing, his injured scales turned an obvious brown. Now, all of that is gone - with the separation of that one black bar. Healed pretty fast.

Thanks for getting back to us!
Yes, thanks for the follow up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced