• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is going on?

terra

I’ve had my tegu, Blue, (redxblue) for 2 weeks now. She's about 4 months old.
For the first week and a half she hid only coming out of her burrow to bask for a little while, maybe grab a bite of food, then would run back to hiding.
I have been trying to win her trust, and we've been making a little progress with a nice bath yesterday, and she finally ate a whole chicken liver -dusted with calcium powder.
Her basking temp is 110 and her cool side is around 85.
She's been acting healthy and normal as far as I can tell by searching this forum.

Today I went to take her out to feed her. I put her down by her plate of turkey meatballs (with greens, egg and calcium) and she stood there and twitched. Her legs, toes twitched and she seemed to just want to sleep. She walked around a bit, didn't eat a thing, and then just rested and rubbed her head on my hand. She's got a little shed going on on top of her head but nothing major.

Should I panic? Am I doing something wrong? I'm getting her to the rep vet tomorrow morning but I'm kinda freaking out.

Help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zyn

Does she have UVB and her cool side is to warm mid 70s would be better. The twitching can be from a lack of UVB

Zyn

What kind of distance from her is the UVB source. Some of these bulbs aren’t effective if they are more
than 9-12 inches from them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam