• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is it??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just curious if anybody knows what species Varanid this is?

monitor.jpg

tommyboy

Leucistic king??? I went to Italy many years ago to visit my wife's family and was very excited to find that their neighbor had these beautiful adult monitors that he said were leucistic kings. The mid sections were not as dark as the one in this picture, but I'm assuming that this is a baby or juvi and may lighten up as it gets older. My wife was pissed that I spent more time at the neighbors house than with her family. He had 4 of these and 3 large Savanahs. Italy was very nice, the lizards just made it that much nicer!
Of course I could be way off......I will just never forget that head color and those black eyes.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well tommy, you sure made short of this post. This is a hatchling leucistic king (varanus kingorum).

tommyboy

Haha! Finally something I knew! First time for everything I guess. Is this yours or something you're looking into? I have only seen them that one time 7 years ago, but was completely taken by them.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not mine, someone I've met in the industry. They go for about $7500 a piece. A bit out of my price range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602