• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is the site coming to??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got a negative rating for stating a fact. It amazes me the things that new JUNIOR members do. What was the point of a negative rating for this comment??

RE: SOON TO BE MINE

(Today 08:52 AM)bfb345 Wrote: haha once the weather warms up she is mine at least he thinks its a she but i hope its a male dont care either way though lol it will still get bigger than a b&w lol

This was my comment:
It is a black and white. They are one in the same. I have seen "extremes" that max out at 3'.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
A lot of these new members seem to quickly overreact and are rather annoying with their childish behavior. It's too bad really.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think that rating is poorly deserved. And it is a fact that the "extremes" are typically a selectively bred bunch of B/W's that everyone hopes will be high contrast white and large. But really, you don't know what will happen.

The forum has taken on many faces through the years. Not much is going on with breeding and selling, so it gets slow and well...silly.

And if you give someone a negative rating, they're more likely to give you one back.

I just stay out of the whole rating game for the most part. I figure people can read threads and decide who is giving out good information.

Tegudude88

I agree
I joined because I thought everyone would give friendly comments and advice but some people just take things too seriously
Everyone's been cool to me but I see it happen alot

jondancer

james most of your comments are downers though. even if you do compliment someone its fallowed by something negative.

tjohnson722

seriously, I have this happen a lot other places, no one is here to hold everyone else's hand. Were all adults or close to it. Were here to talk about our beloved pets that everyone here cares a great deal about. Were here to help others who are new or having problems (new or not) . This is childish. High school ish rediculous. Grow up! You don't like a comment, ignore it!

I don't care about reputation points really. It doesn't matter to me. James I will listen and follow your advise any day.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have had people pm me out of the blue just asking questions that are definitely on various threads in here. I wonder sometimes if they are intimidated by some of what goes on. Either that or just too lazy to research themselves. Either way I just tried to help answer what I could, give advice that I knew to be sound, and also encourage them to look over the site because there are many knowledgable people on here who can and will help them take the best care of their animal possible. As for getting offended or reporting things, I admit there have been times that I have been like "really??? " but honestly there's no need to report or argue because although we all may not always agree, we all can contribute to each other's positive experience with our animals. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

A lot of times I wont comment on someones thread because I don't want to offend or give the wrong idea. I'm sure my experience with my Tegus is different than someone else's. I sometimes see stuff others are doing that would never work with my animals. You have to just try to help when someone needs it. Also when you do I think the other party should remember its only what one person sees as helpful criticism lol.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jondancer said:
james most of your comments are downers though. even if you do compliment someone its fallowed by something negative.

Are you saying I should only compliment the positive things and not point out the negative/wrong things people are doing?

jondancer said:

Are you saying I should only compliment the positive things and not point out the negative/wrong things people are doing?

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
We should all be nice to everyone, especially those with crappy setups who take awful care of the animals we care about. Those people especially need our compliments. I don't know what our world's coming to when people hate you for offering anything other than a compliment about someone's setups or care. Obviously if someone's setup is awful and their animal isn't going to thrive in it people are going to call them out. I don't understand the rainbows and butterflies approach to things where all people are expected to do is give positive feedback on negative husbandry.

tjohnson722

It's the world we are coming to really. That's a whole other topic entirely though. I agree with everything that's been said. I would personally have someone critisize my husbandry and care so I can correct it for the health and well being of my animal. These are expensive animals not some 10.00 pet.

Deac77

5 Year Member
tjohnson722 said:
It's the world we are coming to really. That's a whole other topic entirely though. I agree with everything that's been said. I would personally have someone critisize my husbandry and care so I can correct it for the health and well being of my animal. These are expensive animals not some 10.00 pet.

Expensive or 10.00 pet id want to be fixed people just get to butt hurt and I wouldn't be sorry about that.

I don't think James comes off rude at all he asks the questions everyone else is afraid to

tjohnson722

Me too. Everyone is different. People just need to realize that. No biggie. In regards to origional comment that led to this, I also have heard several different places that charcoans (sp?) Are b/w.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Delete the ratings, we'd be better off. I've never found James to be offensive whatsoever in the two or so years that I've been here. He states obvious and true facts/statements that sometimes make the uneducated little kids cry. I applaud him for doing so because half of us take the nice route every time to avoid any sort of conflict that may occur with these people that get butt hurt easily. There was a point almost a year back if not a year ago that James said he was done posting on this site, and I felt that that would have been a huge loss to tegu talk. I'm glad he posts on here now and I hope nothing causes him to stop posting - I'd rather see 10 cry babies quit posting than a member who knows his stuff and calls you out, so to speak, in an effort to help you - in this case, James.

If my above post seems at all confusing, please do take into account that I am using my iPhone to type this all out and my English isn't on point when it comes to writing it out.

Threw James a rep point just to bump him back to 18, but it'd probably be best to get rid of all rep points all together.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
this is why i havent been commenting on here as often, seems like lately all the posts end up with some kind of argument.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I agree we should get rid of rep points, although I get a kick out of the occasional negative comments I get from the cry babies who can't handle the criticism. It seems our member quality has gone significantly down recently, although quantity seems to have gone up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced