• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is wrong

kyle hartrum

9419B19A-A5D4-424B-9C94-A490D10F3E64.jpeg
93166CF5-7BBC-4DFA-8A2F-CF41B0C6F61F.jpeg
I just bought this girl from a breeder and seen her tail having little cuts on it, can someone tell me what’s wrong and how I can help her thank you also she has a lot of flaky scales on her tail I soak her every other day And

Last edited:

BX9575

Try soaking everyday for 40 minutes or 20 min baths twice a day. Make sure the water stays warm and that your girl is fully submerged, up to the head. Hope this helps!

Merlot

Get some pure coconut oil/grease and lather it on there for an hour or so. Or however long you can keep her still, or wrapped in a warm damp towel while she has some coco oil on. One person suggested to me to use a heating pad in your arms while wrapped in a towel to help her stay calm and jus that there. Regular ol cheap plug in one from your local Wally World. I’m about my give my girl a skin treatment tonight. I do see the thing you could see to look like a “cut” in your defense. She just needs some good humidity in the tank, regular baths as stated, and maybe try and put some coconut oil on her body and tail (not on head or vent areas) and let her hang out for a while. Probable just put her in the empty tub while soaked. Maybe on top of a towel. As the mod here, Walter1, is AWESOME by the way, pointed out to me to crack some fish oil pills in her food, or cod liver oil, it will help a lot with skin and nails, Hell im even taking it now and going to make it a regular thing

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi