• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What lizard next?

Dirkthejerk41

Hi all, after my Columbian outgrows his current enclosure (which shouldn't be too long), I plan to put something else in it. It is very nice, made of wood with built in fixtures, and the dimensions are about 35"x13-14"x18". What lizard would this be suitable for?

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I'd think so. I'm sure it'd prefer larger but I think a 3 footish cage would be good for one. I don't have tons of experience with them, had one for a long time though, so hopefully someone else adds input.

Dirkthejerk41

sweet, it will be several months before i make a decision, so any input is welcome! They do seem cool, but im really looking to use this set up. it is very cool, its two levels in one unit (two cages). got my spider BP in the bottom, then gonna have a lizard up top :)

KritterKeeper

If you want something that can be comfy in that size cage forever its too small for a blue tongue skink and def for a frilled. If you wouldnt put a beardie in there(which you shouldnt) you def shouldnt put anything that gets bigger than a beardie. There are lots of skinks that stay smaller that you can look into if thats what you want(fire skink perhaps?) but dont get something just to get something. You need to keep in mind that your cage is only 14" wide so that limits you.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Desert iguana they are like a sav/iguana mini hybrid haha I absolutely love them!! (I also agree its to small for the 3 species listed above)

Here's a pic of them
[attachment=6727]

[attachment=6728]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364535211.926868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364535211.926868.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364535228.228223.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364535228.228223.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 13

Deac77

5 Year Member
Fairly calm the ones I had would eat out of my hand and sit with me (not as lazy or laid back as a bts or beardie but similar to a frilled dragon)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol, then a BTS is the opposite of hyper, lol. But beardies are so entertaining.

Leachies are amazing...but expensive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980