• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What would cause this?

chris bertram

6BE3C976-E8D2-440A-A2E6-A1E241D05EBE.jpeg
Hi all,
So I’ve got a post about tegu not feeding so if read that you might know a little of what been going on already.
To cut a long story short. Took the little fella to vets for a genareal check up after being treated for parasites and I’ve noticed this as soon as I get him home shown in pic. She said she pushed on his stomach and he didn’t like it when was there, I just said it’s prob because got full stomach as eaten not long before. Would this of caused it or is it completely differnt. I’m waiting for a reply back from vet as we speak as sent the pic over to them also. But if she has caused it which seems likely! I don’t want them trying to fob me off and getting away with this as it really bad if so and obviously isn’t qualified to be examining reptiles.

Last edited:

chris bertram

Thanks for reply. I have got an appointment booked tomorrow morning to see another vet. I sent the vet who did the check up and picture and they said it should go back to normal within a week and if doesn’t she needs to see him again. Not that I’m likely to take it back to her as I’m pretty certain she caused it!

Leezard

5 Year Member
Prolapses are often cause by pushing to hard while pooping sometimes due to impaction, though the stress of the vet visit may also be a factor

chris bertram

He seems to go toilet regular, and impaction isn’t possible as I have no substrate in tank. So could it not be possible from her pushing too hard on him when examining?

Leezard

5 Year Member
Okay that's good that it's not impaction! And yes it is possible too push too hard during examination :/ sorry this happened to you

chris bertram

Poor little guy it’s just one thing after the other with him at the moment. Thanks for your replies. I’ll let you know how get on at vets today

chris bertram

Okay so good news is it isn’t a prolapse. He just said it’s badly swollen probably caused from the parasites and maybe being prodded a little hard. So he’s gave some anti inflammatory and said it’ll help bring it back down. Not put off his food by it all though so least he’s eating properly now!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam