• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where do you order your Rodents from?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just ordered my first batch of pinkies from RodentPro.com All went smooth. I thought shipping could have been a little faster but I'm not too worried. I was just wondering if their was anywhere else though that might be cheaper, faster? Where do you guys like to order?

Sammy

5 Year Member
I get mine from the rodent rack in the other room. Warm, fresh and right off the nipple!!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I do the same thing Sammy does. I keep around 40 to 50 breeders all the time. Sometimes more, but The demand is slow here in Alabama. So I have cut down and I don't raise as many. Just what I feed is all now. I am thinking of starting back up and giving it one more try. I just don't know any large scale buyers. Do any of you guys know any?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I must say I am pretty impressed with the quality of my fuzzies. They are all individually frozen and seem to be extra plump. Some of the heads broke off tho ewwww lol. I assume from the freezing method. Won't be a pretty site when I defrost them.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What about bulk sale frozen rats? I am thinking about my ball python, fyi.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
What about bulk sale frozen rats? I am thinking about my ball python, fyi.
Sorry but were you asking me this question or someone else. I'm not sure. If you are . I am selling a few frozen.

Tux

5 Year Member
I get mine from a local breeder but have used RP and had a good experience. If I had alot of rodent eating animals I'd breed African Soft Furs just as Sammy does.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We're out of frozen mice so I went to the RodentPro website and selected 50 weanling mice and 50 XL adult mice. $81.35!!!!!!!! $37.50 for shipping!!! And ship in 11 days!!!!!!!!! I thought it was a $28 flat fee up to a certain weight, the cost went up a little with every item I added. I'd probably pay less than half that at a show. But the White Plains show isn't for 2 months, the Long Island show is in 2 weeks. It's almost worth driving 2.5 hours to the Long Island show to get the rodents!!! The local pet store wants $5 for (2) weanlings!!

Does anyone know of a less expensive feeder company??

I just emailed Komodo reptiles, who we normally buy feeders from at the White Plains show.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I've ordered from Big Cheese Rodent Factory, and always had good experiences. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigcheeserodents.com">www.bigcheeserodents.com</a><!-- w --> I don't know if they're cheaper than rodentpro or not, though.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I get mine local, but I am planning on getting a big order from AmericanRodent, up where Sammy lives, they have a very wide area that is free shipping on orders for 100.00 or more.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.americanrodent.com/welcome.html">http://www.americanrodent.com/welcome.html</a><!-- m -->

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This site seems promising, i have heard many good things about them.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.feedersplus.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php?osCsid=2e923fa45ccebaf625858fee883beae1">http://www.feedersplus.com/catalog/shop ... ee883beae1</a><!-- m -->

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
If you can't get them locally, get them from Rodentpro. They're a big company, they've been around for a while, the staff is very friendly and easy to reach by phone/email, and they're very reliable. Oh yeah, and they're more affordable than their internet competition.

-Chris

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Rodent Pro has officially pissed me off and lost my business. They are the biggest breeder and lately the quality has gone right down the toilet. The mice come missing parts or torn apart, their prices went up, and lately they have been continuously out of product.

boygenius

5 Year Member
I have a question about frozen rodents..

So when you guys purchase the frozen rodents, Do you guys thaw it out and repackage the rodent portions into separate bags so you wouldn't have to refreeze the whole thing again and remove from it.. or how does it work?

Because I'm considering ordering rodents but I haven't quite warmed up to the idea of unfreezing a pack of 100 to take out a few then refreezing it again and repeat.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They break apart fairly easily (from each other, not break into pieces).

We normally buy 50 in a package at a show and take 1 or 2 out when needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam