• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where to buy one

denise

i am looking into buying a tegu but I really don’t know where to buy one. I am just wanting to know places where to buy them so I know I have options and how how I will need to buy one.

Necro-Sigh

My roomie and I bought a purple tegu from underground reptiles. The little one has yet to hatch,but I've seen good reviews for them.

Mich lady

Yes! Definitely buy from tegus only. I got mine from there and he is wonderful! Rodney is doing a good thing. I have a male juvenile. Had him about six weeks.

Zyn

Hectors habitat or Tegusonly or NERD

I like underground’s YouTube just don’t like their marketing tactics. Just call it what it is a hybrid 50% red %50 blue hybrid. Instead they call them purples or ice Tegus aka albinos...

So down the road if you want to breed, if you’re not educated on the pairing you don’t even know what you’re selling to people. With any hybrid you’ll see variations but people down the road won’t know what they’re seeing.

They are trying to capitalize on the moph market of over species like snakes, beardies, and so on but the only two Tegu mophs are annery and albino.

So you end up with people thinking they have mophs when they in fact have hybrids

Last edited:

Necro-Sigh

I like underground’s YouTube just don’t like their marketing tactics. Just call it what it is a hybrid 50% red %50 blue hybrid. Instead they call them purples or ice Tegus aka albinos...

So down the road if you want to breed, if you’re not educated on the pairing you don’t even know what you’re selling to people. With any hybrid you’ll see variations but people down the road won’t know what they’re seeing.

They are trying to capitalize on the moph market of over species like snakes, beardies, and so on but the only two Tegu mophs are annery and albino.

So you end up with people thinking they have mophs when they in fact have hybrids
I'll at least agree with the dislike of marketing tactics. Though at least with Wifi, I researched heavenly both red and blue tegus. Since that's what he is. A hybrid.

Zyn

Ahrredd
I'll at least agree with the dislike of marketing tactics. Though at least with Wifi, I researched heavenly both red and blue tegus. Since that's what he is. A hybrid.
agreed Sev is 75%’blue 25% b/w it does help get new blood into the captive bred animals

bocacash

5 Year Member

I totally agree with Zyn ! Underground IS trying to create/capitalize on some people's desire for the exotic, or newest, color 'morph' in Tegus ! I don't think it is a good thing to do...I don't like it in dogs either...look at all the 'designer' dogs we have now ! Ridiculous ! IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam