• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which food item should I go with

VenusAndSaturn

So Oreo has finally begun to run out of her ground meat mixture which consists of rabbit, chicken feet, sardines, salmon, green tripe with spleen, a venison beef bone blend, ground turkey, and ground pheasant.

I went to go order the same food items and sadly they ran out of the venison beef bone blend so now I'm not too sure what other ground meat I should add since they have such a large variety.

So far these are what I'm thinking on getting but not too sure which one to get.
Ground quail (whole ground or just with bones/organs), ground mutton (bones/organs), ground llama (bones/organs), ground goose (bones/organs), ground duck (bones/organs), ground chicken (bones/organs), ground beef pancreas, ground beef (bones/organs/tripe), boneless ground elk, boneless ground venison, ground alpaca (bones/organs), ground goat (bones/organs/tripe), and ground whole carcass cavies (which is guinea pig).

They have whole organs as well which I'm thinking about adding to the mixture along with the ground meats.

The website I'm ordering from is https://hare-today.com/

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Between quail and Guinea pigs, I think you'll be in good shape.

VenusAndSaturn

Just made my order, I got an okay from my mom that I could actually order both whole ground quail and guinea pig so hopefully, Oreo likes the new variety. Also added in a few duck necks for my dog since they were decently cheap for so many. 7 dollars for 10-20 necks... which sounds good to me at least. He loves turkey necks so hopefully, he'll like duck necks too.

VenusAndSaturn

Oreos food arrived, just began preparing it for her and then the knife slipped and I cut my hand for the first time. So now my mom has to prepare it... hopefully she mixes everything together really well, and hopefully, Oreo likes the two new ground meats once it's done.

Also gave my dog one of the duck necks and he loved it. Perfect size for him, not too small and not too big.
Sort of wondering if Oreo can also have them once she's bigger or if that's just asking for trouble.
Theyre sort of similar in size to chicken feet... I'll have to get a picture later.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced