• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

White Plains NY show 11/25

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As Cowher asked in the Shoutbox - is anyone going??!!

We'll be there. We might be wearing our theTegu shirts because they're easy to spot.

BOBBY - When will you be selling your shirt??!! Or a shirt to promote the forum?

We need to get some frozen rodents and a few supplies. I've heard there's a great diner next door!!!

What we may do differently is dump the kids on someone and go by ourselves!! My wife is always complaining (I'm not kidding) that she never gets to see anything because she's always watching the kids (6, 8 & 10).

I want to look at some red tails in anticipation of next spring. I really need some assistance to know what to look for. I'd like to get a Hypo or an orange Hypo (Orangasm). I don't want a plain gray one. You can get those anywhere.

Enough rambling!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is this a big/good show? I am little more than a 2 hour drive away but might make the drive. It's probably one of the closest shows in my area too, other than the Mid-Atlantic or maybe a show coming to Philadelphia but I havent heard of any.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's good. We've been to it a few times and have been to shows in Hamburg (PA) and Poughkeepsie (NY). We keep going back to get great prices of herps and supplies. And, of course, to look at stuff!!

playlboi

5 Year Member
man, i wanna go. too bad i can't. school has been busting my butt! to my experience, not a lot of engineering students take an interest in reptiles, i might be one of the few 8)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Being the end of the season, it was the SameOldSH*t. We were very disappointed. We ditched the kids with my mother and walked around and talked to a few people we knew (none from here) and left after 2 hours. We'll probably skip the January show and go in April. Maybe even go back to Hamburg PA.

The best critter we saw was a beautiful 5 foot rescued iguana (thanks reptileszz). I didn't take 1 picture, but I should have taken a pic of the iguana.

Didn't run into Cowher even though I was looking for him. How could I miss a huge tree with a skull t-shirt on??? I saw a couple of small guys with skull sweat shirts.

COWHER

5 Year Member
just got back we had a long drive. if davedragon posted his pics in the mugs post i could have looked for him too :p any way there wasn't much to see a lot of snakes and not many wow'ed me. :roll: but that iguana that Dave mentioned was insane! :shock: so big!!! any way, my wife is now a herp addict too, she saw a crestie for the first time and fell in love. she got this brilliant creamsicle one, bright redish orange with a nice cream dribble on his back.looks hot. so we got him for $50 he is an adult about 9 months old the guy told us. and my wife loves him she has already asked if i knew of a crestie forum LMAO. :lol: but we just got him home and put him in a big tupperware tub till we can get everything set up tomorrow and he turned a pail yellow. my wife thought the guy had special lights lol but I'm sure he'll change back. :oops:
Firstday112507.jpg

firstdaywithjess112507.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam