• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Why does my tegu do this ?

Buddywisdom

Ok I have had her for about 4 months now she's about two feet long and she's really a sweetheart when I get her out of the cage and if im with her the whole time she's out I've been trying to let her free roam around my bedroom but once I'm not following her around she gets all huffy and back arches when I come back up to her she don't try to bite but she squirms and kicks twists and hates to go back in her enclosure how do I stop this ? Any ideas please

Stellalife1

Ok I have had her for about 4 months now she's about two feet long and she's really a sweetheart when I get her out of the cage and if im with her the whole time she's out I've been trying to let her free roam around my bedroom but once I'm not following her around she gets all huffy and back arches when I come back up to her she don't try to bite but she squirms and kicks twists and hates to go back in her enclosure how do I stop this ? Any ideas please
She has figured out that YOU are the ticket OUT of her enclosure! They are extremely smart! Try putting her food in her enclosure after you let her see & smell it. Tap on the dish every time you feed her, no tapping, no food. She will pick this up very quickly! Tong feeding is a great way to bond. And feeding her after roaming time leaves her with a good end time of roaming. She may follow you back to her enclosure if she knows you have food to give. They are opertunistic eaters. Also move things around in her enclosure daily so she gets used to you being in the enclosure not just for feeding. Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced