• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

YAY

Faithsreptilez

My rescue baby red tegu (BIGRED) was horrible the first day I got him. Fractured arm, mbd, couldn't walk, never had water, food, uvb or heat for 4 months. The owner was a 16 old rich ***** who got him because he was cute. And then let' kids play with him leading to his fractured arm. And he was skinny as could be. On 4-30-17 he arrived and on 5-7-17 I took him to the vet. He was prescribed with liquid food, liquid pain meds and liquid calcium. He was syringe fed for a 20 days to a month. He was finally about to walk and run but not poop. He was constipated before and during the process of medications. Bathing did not help. After a few more days of liquid food he was able to pass urates and poop agin. 5-27-17 he ate his first meal of ground turkey and to this day keeps eating. He's healthy, he can run, bask, poop, eat everything. This was the story of big red. It's only been one month and he's doing fantastic. I made this to show you that some people shouldn't own reptiles especially if you don't know what it is, how to care for it, don't have the money or space. Also I rescue reptiles so this wasn't a rescue that I scrap money together for. I recently just rescued a green iguana the same way. It was kept in a shoe box and then a 10 gallon tank with fish pebbles and nothing else. And was fed strawberries and carrots. (NOT GOOD) it is skin and bones and has never been given the proper nutrients at all. I got him yesterday. He has been soaked and was given a small dosage of liquid calcium left over from big reds medications. Do not get a fucking animal if you can't care for it correctly.
If you have a reptile needing rehomed due to money, space or time issues please message me or email me at [email protected] or insta @turtlezblog

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny