• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Young Adult Savannah Monitor Needs a Home

hanniebann

5 Year Member
I took in a sick Savannah monitor just over a year ago and now he's 100% healthy and he needs a permanent home. I'll be moving off to college soon and won't have a room mate or a landlord that will let me keep my urban dinosaur :( His name is Murphy, he's about 31" long last time I measured him. I don't have a weight measurement. He's very shy, and will hiss but has never attempted to bite. I handle him once a week, and feed him hard boiled eggs, chicken breast, lean turkey, lamb, rats/mice, etc all with supplements. He takes most food from tongs with a little bit of coaxing. I'm guessing he is roughly 2 years old.

I'm not asking for any money, just proof that he is going to a home that won't let him get into the shape that I originally picked him up in. He doesn't come with an enclosure, but I can offer some supplies. All I ask for is a good home, and for someone to either pay shipping if you're far away, or drive and meet me halfway.

If you're interested, please feel free to email me at [email protected], text anytime at 209.627.597seven and tell me a bit about yourself, and what herping experience you have. I can also send pictures/video of him.

Joshjack90

Awe I wish I could take in the liktl guy/: I ddont have too m for a big enough enclosure though, maybe I could find room! What size cage would he need? Where are you located and can yonpost pics? Thanks:)

babyyitslove

We have room for him =0) but I wouldn't be able to pay shipping until November 4th.

Can you give me a shipping quote to 88310 , just in case you still have him by then?

hanniebann

5 Year Member
http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/shipment_rates/show_fedex_rates - $83 was the first quote I found. I don't know if this is reasonable or outrageous.. I'd be shipping from 95377 zip code.

I'm located in central california, he needs at least a 6x3 enclosure, that's what he's in now. here's a couple pics of him on my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1459347701649.42738.1772118650&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=1459347861653&set=a.1459347701649.42738.1772118650&type=3&theater

the last one of him all skinny was a couple weeks after I got him, so the healthier ones are the most recent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980