• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

zoo med therm humidity & temperature controller

bmx3000max

has anyone had experiance with the zoo med therm humidity & temperature controller and if so give thier ecsperiance, im thinking about getting one for my baby tegu coming soon and wanted to know how good was it before buying it....it says you can set you daytime,night temps and your humidity its a bit pricey but is it good...thanks everyone.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=6027]Unrelated post. Here is the pic you asked for. Sorry for the bad cell pic. This is my extreme hatched on 6/13 like your old one. That is a yardstick next to him. 37 inches nose to tip of tail when all stretched out basking. Sorry for taking so long sending the pic, but I was stuck doing Xmas stuff and I forgot. Did you find another one yet?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 31

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
bmx3000max said:
wow hes huge makes me miss mine more now, what size encloser is he in if you dont mind me asking.

6ft long, 3ft wide, 26in high. 8in of bedding. The enclosure could be a max height of 26in due to the width of the doorway it had to get through. He will move to a 12x12ft outdoor enclosure when the weather warms up. The 6x3 will be just used for hibernation next year. That pic was from this morning. He is not hibernating this year.

bmx3000max

wow im in the process of building a 8ft long by 4ftwide and 3ft high, just getting everything set up, still my tegu should be here tomorow, i got a chacoan from tegu terra

and has anyone used this product??

bmx3000max

james i had gotten sick and hospitalized so i had to find them new homes cause i didnt know how long thed go without me thier to take care of them, was a hard thing to do but when i got out i tried to find the person who had them and havent been abel to track him down so that is why im starting all over again.

Skeetzy

I have it and love it. Works great for temp and humidity. But don't buy it expecting to be able to utilize the night time temp. It recognizes night time by a light sensor on the control unit, which I personally keep outside of the cage. So whenever I shut my room light off, it thought it was night time and dropped the temp. I turned it off. The work around to this would be placing it in the cage, but I wouldn't trust it lasting in high humidity.

bmx3000max

Skeetzy said:
I have it and love it. Works great for temp and humidity. But don't buy it expecting to be able to utilize the night time temp. It recognizes night time by a light sensor on the control unit, which I personally keep outside of the cage. So whenever I shut my room light off, it thought it was night time and dropped the temp. I turned it off. The work around to this would be placing it in the cage, but I wouldn't trust it lasting in high humidity.

wow so i think im going to get it then, it seems legit, only thing that scared me was how it was so cheap for a device that sells for way more had me thinking of the old saying "you get what you pay for" but i think it might be worth it to get it and see what it can do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wayneboy88