• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

zoomed power sun

RobK.

I broke down and bought another 100 watt MVB . after burning 12 hours its putting out around 70 MP of UVB at 12'' . So i stilll have one 10.0 48 '' zoo-med repisun and a 48'' 5000k full spectrum tube next to the powersun . I never did hear anything more about my megaray replcement bulb , after i sent them the info they asked for .:p:huh:

RobK.

its now only putting out 35 MW of UVB at 12''. BUT if you read the question and answer page that come with the bulb . They state that the bulb put out levels of UVA and UVB , like noon in the shade . Which would only be 35 MV of UVB or less . so when using this bulb you reptile is setting in the shade all the time . So I have mine text to a 48'' 10.0 repti-sun and a 48'' 500ok full spectrum tube . I wish Megray would ever keep there promises , i sure would like to try the bulb again with my sick Rhino . It to cold to put mine outside until i get power to the green house .

got10

RobK. said:
its now only putting out 35 MW of UVB at 12''. BUT if you read the question and answer page that come with the bulb . They state that the bulb put out levels of UVA and UVB , like noon in the shade . Which would only be 35 MV of UVB or less . so when using this bulb you reptile is setting in the shade all the time . So I have mine text to a 48'' 10.0 repti-sun and a 48'' 500ok full spectrum tube . I wish Megray would ever keep there promises , i sure would like to try the bulb again with my sick Rhino . It to cold to put mine outside until i get power to the green house .

:exclamation: contact Mitch Cohen Or deal directly with Mike Anderson ,the head of reptile lighting department

RobK.

[/quote]

:exclamation: contact Mitch Cohen Or deal directly with Mike Anderson ,the head of reptile lighting department
[/quote]

how ??

I have tried every phone number and e-mail .on reptile uv web site when i e-mail then sent me a message to call , when i call they say they are to busy and i should e-mail . I did get one e-mail asking for my purchase info on the bulb i return , which had all the info with it . I have sent the info twice since and no reply . I told them i had a very sick Rhino and they said they would sent me a prototype as they were out of bulbs , that was over a months ago . BOY have i tried and tried .
if you have a way to get a hold of them beside the number on there site i sure would like it .

this is the reply i got and i sent them the info twice by e-mail and once with the bulb bad bulb i returned .

quote ''

Hey Robert, Sam here from ReptileUV.
I'm very sorry to hear about the condition of your rhino ig,
if you could provide me with either a transaction ID or Receipt ID
I'd be more then happy to get this sorted out for you. At the moment,
however were currently out of stock since our huge lawsuit with the
distributor of the Solar Raptor line, although in the meantime given
the circumstances we could send one of our prototypes for our new line
of MegaRay lamps, which is very close to our original design. Please
let me know at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Sam MacCargar
ReptileUV ''

just tried calling all three number again on Retile UV web site and got mailbox full message for both Sam And Bob . :s

RobK.

using my 6.2 solar meter , today my 100 watt zoomed power sun ( less than two weeks old ) is putting out only around 12-18 MW of UVB @ 12'' below a 1/2 screen :s

RobK.

got10 said:
RobK. said:

Thanks !!!!

i just ordered some , nice not having to deal with MegaRay !!!

http://www.westronlighting.com/reptile.html

got10

RobK. said:
got10 said:
RobK. said:

Thanks !!!!

i just ordered some , nice not having to deal with MegaRay !!!

Glad you were able to get your bulbs ordered. Who did you deal with at Westron, Mitch or Mike ? . I actually went to the retail area of the warehouse and I found Westron is the manufacturer of Megaray ,Power sun , Solar glow and all the other active UV a/b bulbs on the market

RobK.

[/quote]

Glad you were able to get your bulbs ordered. Who did you deal with at Westron, Mitch or Mike ? . I actually went to the retail area of the warehouse and I found Westron is the manufacturer of Megaray ,Power sun , Solar glow and all the other active UV a/b bulbs on the market

[/quote]

Westron,

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Let us know how those bulbs work for you. They seem to be fairly priced! I hope your rhino is doing better :(

RobK.

Maro1 said:
Rob which bulb did you order from Westron? Looking to do the same.

i ordered the 100 watt .

It looks like you get two with the promo they have right now .

also mega ray is finally sending me a replacement . SHOCK !!!!!!

RobK.

rhetoricx said:
Let us know how those bulbs work for you. They seem to be fairly priced! I hope your rhino is doing better :(

the 100 watt bulb at 24'' is putting out 250 MW of uvb . they say on the box there is a 70 hour burn is before they drop to 150 at 12'' Right now my rhino has the option of 125 MW from the mega ray , 35 MW from a 10.0 reptisun covering the whole cage and 250 MW of UVB on a spot on the floor , plus i added a 150 watt halogen. his basking area is 120 deg and 125 mw of UVB Boy does he seem to be loving it . eating all day and VERY active and better color and moving from spot to spot . and eating everything i put in his cage . he look like he does when he filsl up with air , he's very full and now sheding again . :D

RobK.

rhetoricx said:

not good at all worse than any onther bulb i have tried !!!

only 16 MW of UVB at 12'' now and [just a test only] 32 MW at 4''

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
rhetoricx said:

Are these the numbers from the all mighty mega Ray?

RobK.

james.w said:
RobK. said:
rhetoricx said:

Are these the numbers from the all mighty mega Ray?

Westrons

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980