• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1 year old Black and white Argentine for sale

MarissaMichael

As I have my significant other moving to town, and we can only afford an apartment, i have to part ways with my pet tegu Cato. I am selling "him" as unsexed because he was probed by underground reptiles to be a male, but others have commented and said other wise, so i don't want to make any guarantees. He is 17 inches nose to base of tail, and about 40-42 inches all together, though its hard to measure when he refuses to stay in a straight line. He was hatched out 07/02/2013. He did not hibernate. Very tame and likes to explore. He loves being outside as well and doesn't freak out in the sun. I am asking $200 plus shipping. Please be aware that I have done an example ship quote on SYR and the shipping is pretty expensive, please email or text me with a zip code for a quote. my email is [email protected] and my phone number is 605-929-2941. Payment will be done through paypal.
cato1.jpg
cato2.jpg
cato3.jpg

MarissaMichael

Sad you have to part with him. He looks sweet. Where are you located?

Yes, it really sucks, I've had him since he was 7 days old. But together me and my girlfriend have 3 dogs, 3 chameleons, a brazilian rainbow boa, and 2 leopard tortoises, so its a really full house. Cato takes up the most space as his cage is 6 foot by 8 foot, and the apartments we've talked to won't allow him to come with, and we are probably going to have to sell the tortoises too but we are still looking into that. I'm located in South Dakota, so there aren't really reptile people here, no ones really exposed to the exotic pets because of our climate, so I didn't think it'd be worth trying to sell him local, and if i did find someone they probably would care for him wrong. So i'm hoping to find someone who knows good care and will give him a great home where he can get outside a lot.

MarissaMichael

That is too bad you have to give him up. Unfortunately I'm in Seattle so even if I took him he might not get that much sunlight, and I'm also in an apartment.
the most important is UVB rays, whether it be real sun or artificial, Since i heat such a big cage i get the 160 watt power sun bulbs and he's done very well with those. you just have to remember to use the proper calcium supplements. Yeah apartment living can be tricky with a lizard of that size mostly because of the size of cage a 40 inch lizard needs lol.

MarissaMichael

Are you selling his cage?

Honestly, I would have no clue how to ship the cage, and the cage is large so i can't imagine the shipping cost. I'm also baffled by the cost of shipping cato alone. I did a "sample" ship quote from SYR for Cato, and with the box size i'd need and the weight of cato it was like $175 I think, which seems really steep. So i'm not sure how to get a lower price on shipping for a big animal. I'm not a breeder nor do i really sell my animals so I've shipped in my day, a jacksons chameleon, and a tarantula, as well as a baby brazilian rainbow thats heading out next week sometime to my girlfriend, as she purchased the snake here and she lives in California. I do however have a friend that does ship quite a few animals, and he has given me advice on how to ship cato. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get the best deal on shipping so its not so pricey for the buyer, I may end up lowering the price of cato to $150 so the overall cost isn't too high. I'd sell the cage locally but honestly I'm a 20 year old female, my cage is pretty mediocre :D its worked quite well for him though he's been in it since about 15 inches. he still has quite a lot of room to roam.

MarissaMichael

I might be interested if you don't sell him in the next few days. I hope you can find a great home for him either way!
image.jpg
His cage! Hes got a red bulb because he decided itd be fun to jump at his lamp and it tore the lamp down and his powersun stopped working.
image.jpg

And heres the man who lives in it!
if you have any questions feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer any questions. You can also email me at [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980