• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

160 Watt MVB Bulb

Patimus

5 Year Member
This is the only one I could find in my town, and the store only had the one. I have a 50 gallon tank, 16 inches high, with a screen top. This is the only light I will be using, but I'm not sure if it is too powerful for the enclosure. I have it about two inches above the screen. So the light is about 20 inches up from the bottom of the tank. Is this going to be a problem?

Patimus

5 Year Member
That I am, thank you. I don't know what I would do without this forum. Everyone here has been a great deal of help.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I use a 100w Powersun MVB on my CWD and the injured tegu (Their cages are a 40 gallon and a 55g). That light reaches 120*F on flat rocks, or 100 on the cypress. I had to mount the light on a stand that now sits 6" from the screen. That helps with dispersing the heat.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
I don't know if its just my bulb or if megarays put out more heat. My 160W powersin takes about 4 hours to get the basking rock to 105-110 at 18" away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan