• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

4x2x2 Reptile Enclosure

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
hey whats up everybody!! i have a 4x2x2 enclosure with stand i built for my caiman lizard rowley but my little rowley aint so little anymore and he has out grown it so i need to build him a new one...the enclosure is made out of red oak wood and its painted brown the inside it sealed really well and it has a a light fixture double and its a three hundred watt(150/150), faux back wall i made myself the bottom of the cage has tile if you own a bearded dragon it will be great for him two slide plexiglass doors also the stand is well built and you can turn it into an enclosure i was gonna do it but my water monitor died so i never finished it...basically your getting 2 enclosures for the price of one(lolol) all im asking for is the money i put in it and thats $300.00 local buyers only you pick up

Thank you very much

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/2650/rowleyenclosure.jpg

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
thank you larissa....whats up chelvis..Well rowley is two feet(well 3inches shy) but since i have the fish tank he has no room to walk around he no longer fits inside the fish tank so im gonna build him an adult enclosure made outta 1inch thick plexiglass with a pond inside thats why im selling this one...and the reason why he was he had that mean streak with me was cause he saw me changing his water rowley has always be very protective of his fish tank him swimming back and forth blowing bubble outta his nose was his way of telling me that his territory dont want me messing with it....so since he started sleeping inside a log i change his water in the dark and at night time only and now i take him out and he actually stay on my lap we watch tv for about an hour and then he's had enough and he will put him self in the enclosure.....thank you very much for all you're help chelvis.....AND IM STILL WAITING FOR THAT CARE SHEET.....lolololol

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The care sheet is in the last stages, just got to check it over. Ran a bit long at 13 pages. I am in the stages of figuring out caging for Darwin as well he is 26" now and although still looks small in the 4 foot cage will need somthing bigger soon, mainly for the same reason his pond is just to small. I might switch it out and use the old cement mixing tub and remove the hamock and branches.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
chelvis said:
The care sheet is in the last stages, just got to check it over. Ran a bit long at 13 pages. I am in the stages of figuring out caging for Darwin as well he is 26" now and although still looks small in the 4 foot cage will need somthing bigger soon, mainly for the same reason his pond is just to small. I might switch it out and use the old cement mixing tub and remove the hamock and branches.

Just please make sure you email it to me please...i was speaking to a zoologist and they recommended 8x3x3 enclosure since the average caiman lizard grows to about four feet so I'm putting a plan together now to see what imma end up doing just that outside ponds are expensive like 500.00 but when I'm done I'll post pics...just make sure you do the same

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
ReptileGuy said:
amazing enclosure!! i wish i were local to u :(

thanks ReptileGuy....i really love it as well but he out grew it quick i mean in like 4 months maybe five i took out the fish tank and it looks really big now but Rowley is a little upset i just wished he understand im actually doing this for is own good so he can have more space....i really dont like it without the fish tank it looks so plain for his new enclosure until i get the pond im gonna use a 65 gallon tank it looks big i put him inside the tank and he love it but tried to eat the fish so imma take the fish out clean it very well and buy a huge suckie fish(the ones that clean the fish tank lolol) and use that for the time bean or till i sell the enclosure.....

ReptileGuy

thanks ReptileGuy....i really love it as well but he out grew it quick i mean in like 4 months maybe five i took out the fish tank and it looks really big now but Rowley is a little upset i just wished he understand im actually doing this for is own good so he can have more space....i really dont like it without the fish tank it looks so plain for his new enclosure until i get the pond im gonna use a 65 gallon tank it looks big i put him inside the tank and he love it but tried to eat the fish so imma take the fish out clean it very well and buy a huge suckie fish(the ones that clean the fish tank lolol) and use that for the time bean or till i sell the enclosure.....
[/quote]

im sure you will get an offer soon! It is beautiful. Have you tried craigslist?

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
ReptileGuy said:

im sure you will get an offer soon! It is beautiful. Have you tried craigslist?
[/quote]

yup yup i did im actually thinking of ordering an enclosure from jworld but he wants 1000.00 for an enclosure wtf so im having second thoughts lolol

ReptileGuy

yup yup i did im actually thinking of ordering an enclosure from jworld but he wants 1000.00 for an enclosure wtf so im having second thoughts lolol
[/quote]

BoaMaster has some nice stalk! Have you tried checking them out?

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
ReptileGuy said:

[/quote]

really dont like their product i can easily build one of those i made one for my tegu....just look at the jworld website and look at this model LAND & OASIS DESERT UNIT and you'll know why lololol

ReptileGuy

DoctorPepper4 said:
ReptileGuy said:

really dont like their product i can easily build one of those i made one for my tegu....just look at the jworld website and look at this model LAND & OASIS DESERT UNIT and you'll know why lololol
[/quote]

oh hot damn!! That is one sexy cage :p How much are they?

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
ReptileGuy said:
DoctorPepper4 said:
ReptileGuy said:

[/quote]

1000.00 but its well worth it i actually saw one and put my head inside and it hold humidity excellent and the pond is the easiest thing to clean

ReptileGuy

DoctorPepper4 said:
ReptileGuy said:
DoctorPepper4 said:
ReptileGuy said:

1000.00 but its well worth it i actually saw one and put my head inside and it hold humidity excellent and the pond is the easiest thing to clean
[/quote]

Looks like its time for me to start saving up!! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029