• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

5.o zoo med replisun compact bulbs ??

RobK.

I have two of these , one one each side of the basking bulb 12'' above the basking table . But after looking at this test i am thinking about getting something else .

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor-tests.htm

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What type of reptile are you using them for Other than chameleons or other low uvb requiring reptiles, i wouldnt recommend the 5.0 bulbs they arent meant to put out enough uvb for most reptiles.. I'd go with the 10.0 or a mvb lamp(which is much better)

RobK.

reptastic said:
What type of reptile are you using them for Other than chameleons or other low uvb requiring reptiles, i wouldnt recommend the 5.0 bulbs they arent meant to put out enough uvb for most reptiles.. I'd go with the 10.0 or a mvb lamp(which is much better)

i have them over a Rhino Iguana . but i think you are right about the 10.0

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah you will definately need a stronger uvb lamp, it should also help with his eating habits. For any iguana i highly recommend the mvb lamps self ballasted of course, you would be surprised at the difference it would make

RobK.

what do you think about the Mega-Ray MV bulb ?

Or what would you recommend at 12'' above my Rhino ??

thanks for any info !!!!!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use a PowerSun on my Rhino and I have the SolarGlo bulbs on my Tegus and V. Melinus. I also have the 4' 10.0 tube bulbs in my Rhino and Tegus cage. I would recommend getting an MVB.

hangtown530

I have a Megaray and they make great bulbs but I've been trying to contact them forever with no help....It's starting to make me mad.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use the reptiglo mvb, they work pretty well. I was going to go with the megaray but they have been having problems with their bulbs , i believe trex was having the same problems. You can read about it at uvguide.co.uk

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would try and get it farther away, but at 12" go with the 125watt

RobK.

james.w said:
I would try and get it farther away, but at 12" go with the 125watt
ii I can lower the basking table by cutting off the legs , what hight would you recommend ?? and what kind of heat can i get ??

Thanks !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff