• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A bath and some sun

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have began the process of introducing my tegus, i gave all three of them a bath today and that went well, so i thought since everyone is behaving ill take them all outside to get some sun! WRONG!!! lol well nero immediately wanted to get down to the grass so im holding three tegus and the biggest one wants to get down so she climbed down my back and in to the grass, so i let achilles and pyro down in the grass and then achilles wanted to go nuts biting his leash(and me) and death rolling, pyro was well behaved until i picked him up he hissed and opened his mouth then after a few seconds he was calm! i let them outside for only about 10-15 mins because it was cool(60*). when it was time to go back inside nero really put up a fight, she tried to go back outside. NEVER again will i try this again (except maybe the bath part lol) the only one that i had very little trouble with was pyro and he bit me three times when i took him out of his cage for the bath lol!

here are some pics enjoy!
http://picasaweb.google.com/1072210...authkey=Gv1sRgCLXU7IuggerlggE&feat=directlink

DMBizeau

I still house all 3 of mine together and they get along well but both of my blues have been bitey the past couple days, think they are hitting that annoying stage. Not fun to get bit even by a small tegu, they have sharp teeth! Nice pics.

preston897

haha. it sounds like you had fun with that. maybe as they get to know each other more they will start to not be weird being together

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thanks, they get along its just when outside they each want to go there seperate ways and with achilles and pyro still adjusting to going outside that just makes it harder!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
it happened when she was trying to escape the reptile room and my idiot roommate tried to grab her and grabbed her by the tail(he opened the door), so she freaked and dropped it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu