• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A Year on from time of order still NO TEGU

Irish-SiMurphy

As some of you may remember the thread i started in the autumn of last year i had been having difficulties with getting my Tegu from Varnyard.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=9769#axzz1yL9AcvxP

Well i am now a full YEAR on from the time of order( 13th June 2011) and payment of the amount of $1350 for one extreme giant tegu and necessary shipping papers to Ireland.

I have asked Mr. Hill to return at least the $350 for the animal which i never received and have not gotten any reply.

I understand that most on there have dealt with this guy and are very happy with there reptiles and the service he provides( which were along with Mr.Hills assurances what lead me to order) but this has no become the worst service i have ever encountered.

MR HILL i am asking you publicly (as you will not respond my emails) to return my $350 dollars you have provided me with no goods or service.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He responded to a thread yesterday, I'd like to see him respond to this one. Good luck.

Irish-SiMurphy

I have just been informed that the CITES Application costs $100 dollars along with $201 for an Inspection fee.

So in essence i am owed $1049 which Mr. Hill has had for over one year.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Classic case of Bobby screwing people out of money, yet again. No surprises there. Bobby, care to back up your outstanding customer service? Or those oh so loyal Bobby fans from the other thread? How do you explain a year of waiting without a refund or any effort to correct his issue.

HeatherN

lol i guess us "Bobby fans" are the bad guys too. i never claim to know whats going on with him, but i do believe it should be addressed, as all problems should be! if you absolutely cannot get a hold of him anywhere, maybe you could try asking some of the people who were in the same situation last year with the whole "incident", there are some posts talking about being refunded or having the deposit carry over, maybe you could ask how they did it? i do hope you get it sorted out, thats a lot of money to be floating in the wind.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I made the other thread only to ask about peoples experience with him because I was worried about this exact same thing happening to me but only on a smaller scale. I'm new to tegus and I have no idea what happened last year, but what I do know is that a lot of people have done good business from him and I'm not really sure why on earth he wouldn't refund you the money. It kind of makes me worried about my own order but I'm just gonna hope for the best. If he makes a lot of money from these tegus he should be able to hire someone to handle all his emails for him so he doesn't have to honestly. I don't wanna fire shots at someone when you don't know for sure the entire situation and both sides, but I really do hope he gives you your money back and everything works out in the long run.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Yeah guys you should start a club of people who have been screwed over so that you can help each other fix your problems. Much easier than the seller fixing his problems.

ragnew

I'd be interested in hearing Bobby's side of the story as well. Especially since it has been over a year since this entire thing began. As for us "Loyal Bobby Fans" I can honestly say I've never had any type of an issue with Bobby be it before or after my purchase. So I won't go about labeling him a bad guy myself.

BTW TegusRawsome80 do you have list of all these other people that had been screwed over by Bobby? I'm just curious because it seems like it's a select few on this website that seem to be the ones that are grinding the Bobby axe. I remember people having some issues with Bobby's B&W's last year but Bobby made a post stating just how much he'd refunded where all that stuff was concerned.

But as for your transaction with Bobby TC, I truly hope something is set up to resolve the situation at hand. Over a grand is way too much money to have in limbo right now.

Dana C

Just for the record, if you look at my posts from this year and last, I never labeled Bobby. I did comment on what I read about his communication and questioned what sounded like communication issues.

HeatherN

as i understand it, it was chaos last year. i am not making excuses for bobby, i have no idea how either side of things went down, i also think that those who didn't get their money back talk to the people who did get theirs back or the people who had their deposit carry over, i know some people have posted on these drums about it. i do hope everyone gets what they need, it is unfortunate that people have had a problem with someone i find to be very knowledgable and helpful

larissalurid

AGHHHH!!!! This is just plain SCARY for me. I put a deposit down for a reg b&w for this 2012 (basically any time now) and am so scared that I won't get my tegu from hearing all these horrible things! I emailed him today asking about when they should be ready and about the other half of my deposit....I'm going to be beyond angry and upset if he screws me over like he apparently has to a lot of people. (which I didn't find out until after my deposit) I'm not rich, I can't just throw hundreds of money out the door to some guy who is more or less stealing people's money as it seems....I really would like to see what he has to say to the person who posted this as well.....And to the person who posted this, I really hope this gets resolved and you get your money back. I can only imagine how extremely upset you must be.

HeatherN

i wouldn't stress over it, for every bad story there seems to be a billion good ones, which is why i went with him. no use worrying over something that you can't change right now. if he were to actually fail to provide whatever, then id worry. but I've spent my fair share pacing the room over things that i just have to wait and see for, and its definitely not sustainable, trust me!
I've seen people talking about getting notifications about all the hatchings going on (and i have gotten that lovely email as well for my extreme) and we all seem to be flitting about in excitement, I'm sure your baby is coming! and id love to hear about him when he does! :)

the_cw

Let's all take a deep breath and wait for this year to be over. As (the now late) Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?"

Dirtydmc

Your dealing with the u.s government. You really think they are in a hurry to process your permit? Lol! Assholes hardly care about what we want. Some guy from Ireland wants a lizard.

Ofcourse, that's just what I think about them. Screw the u.s. government.

Carnicero

HeatherN said:
i wouldn't stress over it, for every bad story there seems to be a billion good ones, which is why i went with him. no use worrying over something that you can't change right now. if he were to actually fail to provide whatever, then id worry. but I've spent my fair share pacing the room over things that i just have to wait and see for, and its definitely not sustainable, trust me!
I've seen people talking about getting notifications about all the hatchings going on (and i have gotten that lovely email as well for my extreme) and we all seem to be flitting about in excitement, I'm sure your baby is coming! and id love to hear about him when he does! :)

This. Dont stress We are all going to be happy tegu owners soon.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I must admit after all this I am a little worried that I haven't got the email about my egg hatching. I'm trying to be patient but if july rolls around and still no word I am going to being freaking out. He had told me he only had a few spots left on the 2012s when I put mine down so I'm assuming im just far down the list and mine will hatch sometime this week hopefully

casey15

wow, I'd heard nothing but good about them, but after a YEAR, I don't think I'd purchase from them in the future, hope you get your money back. Sorry about the Tegu trouble!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akrtena