• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

ackie monitor

frost

1,000+ Post Club
the little lady has been asking me if we can get one of these monitors but im not sure where to get them from and who is the best place to get them.i have read the care sheets on here and on the web and they dont seem as hard to take care of as some.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Check fauna and kingsnake. Any available will more than likely be posted there.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
k thanks. do you know if the red or yellow is the better to get? if i was going to get a monitor i would like to have a lace monitor though. they look amazing! but sadly they are way out of my budget.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I believe reds are less expensive and easier to get.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311550

Riplee

5 Year Member
They have one for sale at lansing , check CL Lansing area search for monitor

Riplee said:
They have one for sale at lansing , check CL Lansing area search for monitor

And yellow is cheaper than red``

Jensen

Red get a little larger. i dont know much about the yellows personality but last year at the chicago reptile show there were 3 red ackies literally stacked on top of eachother hanging out and they were pretty playfull. Reptiles magazine did a large article on it, you should definitely check it out if your wanting to get one.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had a yellow that was an amazing pet. I had wanted a red but ended up with a yellow. They do great in a trio set-up and seem very social with one another.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
its pretty cool that they are group monitors. what is a trio set up? if i see any at the expo im going to i might get one.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A trio is 1.2 set up although I have heard reverse trios (2.1) also are housed well in a good size set-up. I know proexotic use to have a great breeding group of reds, but i have not heard anything since the fire they had.

LizardzRock

Yea that was terrible what happened at PE. They are still producing though. I was put on the ackie list, they should have some very soon from what Andy told me.

the_cw

They go very well in groups. You can get just one, but they are active and curious with one another. I wouldn't consider it necessary.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
ahh.i figured as much. when my fiance and i got the sugar gliders we had to get them in pairs or they get lonely.

LizardzRock

yea having duos and trios definitely stimulates them and brings out really cool personality traits from what they say. I am going to do a duo set up. I have a couple of buddies who have them and they are freakin awesome!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus