• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adoptable tegu at Santa Barbara shelter

SB_HerpVolunteer

The limited info listing from the shelter website is here: http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SNBR.A377302

Long version:
A wonderfully sweet tegu was found downtown as a stray. It appears to be healthy and has a good temperement. It eats a variety of foods readily. The shelter housing was not prepared to deal with a large lizard, so the poor dear is in a tiny tank. I volunteer at the shelter with other animals, and as a herp enthusiast have been going in every day to care for it as best I can in the confines of the shelter.

Adopting from the shelter is not difficult, and I hope someone in So Cal can provide a good home for this tegu. I handle it regularly, and would be happy to answer more questions. The shetler staff can be reached via the phone number in the provided link, and are also very helpful.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looking into this and calling my contacts to see if someone can go down there to get her. Thank you for posting this!

SB_HerpVolunteer

I need to confirm with the shelter when it opens on Monday, but I think there is a pending adoption!!!! I'll keep you posted as I know more, and will continue to update until it goes home. Sometimes applications fall through or people aren't really serious.

I have been able to swing some slightly better accommodations and better exercise space, so that is good. In case tegus needing shelter comes up again, a large plastic kennel works pretty well as a tegu home. Much better than the small screen top tank. There is a litter pan full of moist substrate with a hide dome over it, so the tegu can now choose its level of security and humidity.

SB_HerpVolunteer

If it happens to fall through - email me at josh @ tegutalk.com
Will do, thank you. You can always put in an application on the tegu even with the pending adoption. It will make sure you are the next in line; the applications seem to be processed on a first come first served basis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214