• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Adult red tegu aggressive with my Pregnant girlfriend

moronictrash

Hey everyone I'm new to the group and new to tegus well I've had mine for about a year now he was a rescue I did from a lady who wasn't caring for it since boyfriend wasn't there anymore buts he's a adult male red tegu about 35 lbs he's a big boy well anyway I've had him for a year now and never a issue with him Being aggressive at all he's always been better with me than her but the past two weeks he's been lunging at my gf out of the blue today she was just sitting on the couch he went to climb up on but at her then like went aggressively at her this is the third time in 8 days but nothing before at all we even slept in bed with the tegu in bed with us no issues till now when she's pregnant

Swifty Perez

Mine is being a little weird agressive and i think its that time of the year. Maybe a little mating time attitude. My friend has a male and hes so chill and is acting the same way right now toward his female caretaker( but not his male ). So maybe just be aware and give him some time to get thru mating season attitude

moronictrash

Mine is being a little weird agressive and i think its that time of the year. Maybe a little mating time attitude. My friend has a male and hes so chill and is acting the same way right now toward his female caretaker( but not his male ). So maybe just be aware and give him some time to get thru mating season attitude
That makes some sense and I hope it's just a phase cause he's my buddy but with a baby on the way I hope his aggression passes that risk is too great to keep him

Swifty Perez

That makes some sense and I hope it's just a phase cause he's my buddy but with a baby on the way I hope his aggression passes that risk is too great to keep him
Im sure its a phase , nothing that supervised roaming cant fix when hes like that. They react to the weather and seasons and sense stuff we have no idea about. Give him time and patience. He should be affordedsome hormonal moments just like we all would want.

Swifty Perez

Afford him some hormonal moments, he probably wants to mate. Be patient, their connection to weather,atmosheric changes and the seasons is far beyond our understanding. He deserves your patience.

moronictrash

Afford him some hormonal moments, he probably wants to mate. Be patient, their connection to weather,atmosheric changes and the seasons is far beyond our understanding. He deserves your patience.
Oh believe me it will take Alot to make me truly wanna re-home him he's my buddy and I have Alot of love for him he's been beyond gentle my entire time with him that's why I'm on here asking this question he's ok just want to make sure everyone is fine here especially my girlfriend and baby to be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980