• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ahhhhh I Got Some Wall Lizards Keven @_@

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Been a while since I posted here(to much drama in life) and since I talked to you Kev.Just wanted to let you know that I picked up a trio of Wall lizards of my own.I'm gonna try to get some pics for everyone later.

-Jon-

dpjm

5 Year Member
Yes please put up some pics. I'm doing an undergrad honors thesis on the introduced wall lizards here on Vancouver Island, BC, where they have been successfully establishing populations on the southern tip of the island. They are Podarcis muralis, and if you are in NY I believe yours are Podarcis sicula (assuming you caught them, not bought them in a store). We have strict laws prohibiting keeping them in captivity here and they are definitely not sold legally in pet stores.

TE GU-RU

5 Year Member
ny would be too cold of a climate for them, i know because i live in mass and ive never seen one and i was always in the woods as a child

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
They are all over metropolitan Cincinnati. One wealthy local family used to summer in Italy. Their kids brought them back as pets a long time ago and they got loose. They are everywhere. You can see them running around the zoo and city parks as well as people's front sidewalks. I've thought about catching some at my friend's house. He has them everywhere. Just too darned fast to be caught.

AB^

5 Year Member
Jon,

congrats, they are very fun to keep. Did you catch them or buy them from Alec?
I have 1.3 coming as soon as I finish their terrarium.

~Kevin

AB^

5 Year Member
tupinambisfamiliaris said:
They are all over metropolitan Cincinnati. One wealthy local family used to summer in Italy. Their kids brought them back as pets a long time ago and they got loose. They are everywhere. You can see them running around the zoo and city parks as well as people's front sidewalks. I've thought about catching some at my friend's house. He has them everywhere. Just too darned fast to be caught.

Those would be Podarcis muralis, the one's in New York are Podarcis sicula (campestris). I would be VERY interested in obtaining some muralis if you could catch a small group (1.3 or so)

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
Maybe I'll see what I can do when it warms up a bit. I've never seriously tried to capture them, but they are quick little buggers. Certainly no trouble to find, just to catch.

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
Scratch that. I just looked muralis up and found out that they are considered a native species by the Ohio Dept of Natural Resoursces. It's illegal to collect or do much of anything else with them.

AB^

5 Year Member
Yea I looked it up earlier too, that's pretty lame of Ohio. Looks like there's permits that can be obtained, or probably just easier to find a source outside Ohio.

AB^

5 Year Member
Wooo lacking plants, gonna fix that tomorrow... Soon to be home of 1.3 Podarcis sicula campestris :app

Attachments

• 17167_1264774792749_1631148936_632201_1443832_n.jpg
    513 bytes · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu