• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Albino Blue Tegu

G

Hey everyone! I Just purchased an Albino Blue Tegu and would love to post picture but have yet to figure out how...I will post one when i do. My question is what do I breed my Albino with to possibly produce a Snow? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

G

It is all white with solid black eyes. Where as an Albino is white but has a partial yellow tint with red eyes and a black pupil. Or at least my albino male has red eyes. I havent been able to post a picture yet but you can see him on youtube...Rodent Snuff Productions.

G

yes i am and all of those are my animals. I have been breeding a few different kinds but this is my first time with tegus. I made an outside habitat that is 8 feet wide and 35 feet long.

G

and my buddy breeds bad ass Dumeril boas. He is the owner and operator of <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Thereptileoutlet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.Thereptileoutlet.com</a><!-- w --> and they are located in Stanton, CA.

DMBizeau

Not sure if Ron's Snows were a combo gene or not. In most reptiles as you probably know a snow is an albino and anery combo. I liked his snows alot more then I liked the albinos but they were both cool.

Having only the one albino means having to make hets first then breed the hets together or breed some back to the parent. Is your albino a male or female?

Mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

G

Yea we can get more if need be but he is a male about 2 years old and I am a partner on the tegu so I cant really disclose the price. We are trying to get our hands on a larger group. We are limited right now to about ten tegus but we want to be in the 20 to 30 tegu range...maybe we will start collecting the high whites because we have a large group of reds... we mainly have been working with Large black and whites "argentines" or whatever u wanna call them. My friend is the owner and operator of The Reptile Outlet and i believe his site is <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thereptileoutlet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.thereptileoutlet.com</a><!-- w --> if u wanna see some of the stuff we got. We are located in southern California

juggernaut

Ya buddy I saw your video on YouTube of you albino and let me tell you something you are a lucky guy. Haha I would love that guy or gal you got there. Very beautiful my friend.

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
Frank.Parent said:
Hey everyone! I Just purchased an Albino Blue Tegu and would love to post picture but have yet to figure out how...I will post one when i do. My question is what do I breed my Albino with to possibly produce a Snow? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[/quote

Here ya go

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2332&view=unread#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2332&view=unread#unread</a><!-- l -->

G

Well i just got the tegu so i allow it to bask in an outdoor pen and I also give him calcium with d3. a well balanced diet and i use a lower intensity light bulb at closer distances to try and make it not so bright. I did not raise the albino from a baby and he was already blind or almost blind when i recieved him. :(

G

Of course. My friend has some sick dumeril babies just hatched maybe a week ago. they are way sick... and my other buddy has three full size reds that have been breeding...so hopefully some good stock this season

G

WOW baby dumerils huh? because i know a guy who bred Woma Pythons. you wouldnt happen to know anyone who bred those would you frank?

G

No, but my friend knows the man who breeds all the snakes together. The male ball is the secret. It can knock-up all the female snakes...

Wil

5 Year Member
What????? What does a male ball have anything to do with breeding Woma pythons? He never said anything about a Wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu