• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

aLIVE````

Riplee

5 Year Member
[attachment=4183]
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pZkxq3ZGnc&list=UUBLlT9e84RO-4bxnJcUCMGg&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Attachments

• ??.jpg
    ??.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 14

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
that's awesome, congrats riplee hope they all hatch out, I hope to be seeing this in a few weeks

Riplee

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
that's awesome, congrats riplee hope they all hatch out, I hope to be seeing this in a few weeks

Thank you. I thought other female would laid first, but this black one won...lol..i wang to sleep but need to wait to set up all eggs....dammm
reptastic said:
Yeah.. Hope they all hatch out this time``

Riplee

5 Year Member
Got 67 eggs from this girl. But looks like only 10-15 eggs are good. The rest of them are all depressed and soft even they are all white color. I assume they are infertilized. But i still incubating them, we will see in few days.
SAD SAD SAD....LoL

Riplee

5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
I know that feeling. One year I had a tegu lay an entire clutch of 30 something infertile eggs. :(
Thanks
Hope another female dont give me this..
She is about lay tonight or tomorrow I believe...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Riplee said:
Got 67 eggs from this girl. But looks like only 10-15 eggs are good. The rest of them are all depressed and soft even they are all white color. I assume they are infertilized. But i still incubating them, we will see in few days.
SAD SAD SAD....LoL

laurarfl said:
I know that feeling. One year I had a tegu lay an entire clutch of 30 something infertile eggs. :(

How old were the females in these situations?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine was at least 7yo. It was the first and only time that I bred her and I don't think she had bred before I got her at supposed age 4. It was also the male's first time breeding and they only locked up once.

Needless to say, it wasn't exactly a situation I was betting on. :)

Riplee

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Riplee said:
SAD SAD SAD....LoL

laurarfl said:

How old were the females in these situations?
This one is more than 5 years old.
The others are all 4 years old

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was curious if they were younger tegus and maybe that was the reason for the problems. Guess that's not the case.

Riplee

5 Year Member
james.w said:
I was curious if they were younger tegus and maybe that was the reason for the problems. Guess that's not the case.

Yeah... If later I find most of them are bad. That just prove my male cant handle two big females...lol

tommyboy

Riplee said:
SAD SAD SAD....LoL

Wow! What is a normal clutch size? Ive heard of clutches of 20 -40 before. is this just a really high amount or is that an average clutch?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Riplee said:
james.w said:

Yeah... If later I find most of them are bad. That just prove my male cant handle two big females...lol

Was he in with the other female first?

Riplee

5 Year Member
tommyboy said:
Riplee said:
SAD SAD SAD....LoL

Wow! What is a normal clutch size? Ive heard of clutches of 20 -40 before. is this just a really high amount or is that an average clutch?

It's a high one. Last year my other female only have 47
james.w said:
Riplee said:
james.w said:

Was he in with the other female first?
Yeah. He was with other female first....but I have no idea why this female laying first...maybe she had eggs in herbody before acturally mating....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do they ever lock up multiple times? Its my understanding they need to lockup at least several times to have a sucessful breeding

Riplee

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Do they ever lock up multiple times? Its my understanding they need to lockup at least several times to have a sucessful breeding

Yeah every day```

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not necessarily. I've had successful breeding with tegus and other reptiles with only one copulation. And with that infertile clutch, it was the male's first breeding. He then went on to mate with the other female, once or twice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980