• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

answers please!!

BOOZER

5 Year Member
in this book 2 people use newspaper as substrate. what do you think for a quick fix for now??-- book is popular monitors and tegus by michael balsai :feba
remember this is just for couple weeks,he's got a hide box as well.

i0r

5 Year Member
I wouldn't recommend it for more than a week. No matter if he has a hide/humid box. Humidity would still be too low generally.
Don't know why you just can't use cypress mulch right away....but in the meantime use plain eco dirt or compost.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
thanx juancha but is it a toxic thing cuz humidity isnt a issue as of yet. reason why i want to use it is because of a money thang!-lack of!! and i just re-did a bigger cage which means more substrate=more money.

carcharios

5 Year Member
I just transitioned my tank over to cypress mulch from newspaper. It actually was pretty cheap. I got the cypress at ACE Hardware for about $3.60 a bag. I only used a small portion of the bag and it still covered about 3'' worth depth in my 20 gallon.

Carcharios

BOOZER

5 Year Member
thanks guys but is there a toxic issue??? and again this is just for a little while not a long term deal.

Tux

5 Year Member
Newspaper has been made with non toxic ink for years, I'd think everyone has made the switch long ago. I'm with Dave on the whole issue as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029