• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Any argentine black and white tegus out there?

Diesel

Hey everyone, i haven't been on for quite a while now since i have been busy; but i was looking at taking on an Argentine tegu. I just cant find one anywhere. I already have the cage set up and ready to go. I am just missing the tegu. I have been looking for a few months now with no luck. So if anyone has a tegu they would like to sell or know of anyone or a reliable website i could check on. I'm skeptic about going on websites i dont know. If it helps i live in Utah so if you are anywhere close that would be awesome. :)

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Only websites I ever go to and have purchased from are:

www.faunaclassifieds.com direct link - http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=841
And
www.kingsnake.com direct link - http://market.kingsnake.com/

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They're classifieds where breeders, pet stores, and such sell their stock. Buy from breeders and do simple background checks and you should be fine. I've never had problems dealing with anybody on either of the sites.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I was thinking about those two sites, too. I bought two of our Tegus on Kingsnake ( the breeder was on Fauna, too ) and didn't had any problems at all. I do recommend paying with Paypal. This way if something would go wrong you would have better luck getting your money back then if you pay him/her a different way. Good luck with finding the one you want.

Scotty22390

I ordered a b&w from big al herps back in sept. He was pretty healthy when i got him, and i havent had any problems with him since. He hasnt been eating the last couple weeks, but i think that hes hibernating, because hes usually asleep and he drinks when hes woken up. But yea, no complaints from bigalherps. :D

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Scotty22390 said:
I ordered a b&w from big al herps back in sept. He was pretty healthy when i got him, and i havent had any problems with him since. He hasnt been eating the last couple weeks, but i think that hes hibernating, because hes usually asleep and he drinks when hes woken up. But yea, no complaints from bigalherps. :D

Can I see some pics of your tegu from Big Apple Herps? I've been curious as to how those turn out. I've never been a fan of the owner of that company.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Check out livingsafari.com they are located in Utah. I believe his name is Lance on here.

CrankbaitJedi

Well, I may have something for you...
Are you looking for a young one? Adult?

I have my 2.5 year old female that I am looking to sell. She is an 09 Varnyard black and white. She is right at 44 inches and weighs close to 15 lbs on her fat days. :)

I was planning on using her for a breeding project with my blue tegu male but I am now reconsidering.

I think I posted some pics of her a bit ago in the B&W forum.

Diesel

James- Thanks for the info but yeah i have checked there. I talked to him on facebook and he said he only has reds for now and i am a little more attracted to the black and whites. Crankbait, how much for him with the shipping? :) that would be great i dont mind any gender and she sounds really healthy. I'll have to go look up picks for her. you can send a message with the info if you'd like :) thanks everyone!!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I would like to see a photo of your Tegu, too. I just went to that website and I saw a list of the reptiles that they are selling. But when I wanted to click on the Argentine Tegus to see some photos nothing came up.

Diesel

if you are talking about the living safari website i did to. It says black and white tegu and when i asked him, he said they dont have any black and whites for sale? :s if you have Facebook i think there are pictures of some tegus. He says the black and whites are the company's own tegus and arent for sale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980