• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone Make A Basking Platform for Tegu?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I want to make Lucky a large platform but I'm afraid styrofoam and grout may not work for him with how heavy he is going to get. Does anyone have any other ideas for making one? I don't really want to use wood.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He'll probably only grow to be about 5 lbs, the parents are 4 lbs or less. But he's already BIG, so you never know!

You could add a 2x2 support under it and cover that with foam and grout.

Our Cuban Rock Iguana came with a large concrete patio block with a a couple of thick blocks supporting it. It's very solid. Plus it can be removed for cleaning.

IMG_1670_.jpg

He's an 8.5 lb bulldozer and hasn't moved them yet.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
Nice Iggy dave!

You could try to stack some sorta stone up like flagstone or something to bask on.... or bricks depending on what you want...

Mkulu

5 Year Member
I built a basking platform like a shelf with two supports and screwed it to the back wall of the enclosure. Then just set tile on on top of the wood shelf without permanently cementing it so I can remove it to clean. Wowz loves it!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
He'll probably only grow to be about 5 lbs, the parents are 4 lbs or less. But he's already BIG, so you never know!

You could add a 2x2 support under it and cover that with foam and grout.

That's a great idea!
Mkulu said:
I built a basking platform like a shelf with two supports and screwed it to the back wall of the enclosure. Then just set tile on on top of the wood shelf without permanently cementing it so I can remove it to clean. Wowz loves it!

He doesn't knock the tile off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan